[ Log In ]
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Regarding your questions:

- You wrote "Why does another company have the exact program as Punch!?" => Answer: in all the industries (food, pharmaceuticals, drinks, and yes, also software) there are main manufacturers of the products and there are companies that license and sell the products. I'd suggest that you go to Walmart (for example) and check the manufacturers of their "Great Value" products. Regarding Punch, they are the manufacturers of the programs and they license the different titles to several companies around the world.

- You wrote "I recently found another company selling the exact same program for a lot cheaper" => Answer: First - Are you sure that both programs are exactly the same? did you compare the features? You are not informing the company or the program, so I can't do the comparison for you, however, I'd suggest that you compare the features with this chart
http://www.punchsoftware...ion-is-right-for-me.aspx
Second - Architectural series is exclusive of Punch software, and it is not licensed with other companies.

- You wrote "I now feel that this program is sub par." => Answer: AS is the only version with 20 floor and photorealistic rendering as well as 3D effects, among other things. Please, show me what additional features are missing in AS.

- You wrote "I cant even find a online content library to add items, nor do I know how to add items even if I could find it" => Answer: You can create your own objects with the 3D Custom Workshop power tool, or you can import Sketchup or 3DS objects. To import them, use File => Import.
These are the online content packs http://www.punchsoftware...ign=free_content_banner.

- You wrote " I also purchased the training pdf" => Answer: thank you for purchasing my eBook. In the eBook, you will find a chapter called "Objects, Accessories, Symbols and Components" (page 123), with lot of information and tutorials about the 3D objects and components.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the eBook (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks