[ Log In ]
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lmc  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lmc

What is probably happening here is that your anti-virus software is taking the time to check out this humongous file you've asked to be executed. This may take up to 30 minutes on a CD-ROM, it should run faster on the hard drive but still will take some time to thoroughly analyse the 1.5 GByte file. Your choices are to turn off the antivirus while installing, or to go get a cup of coffee and contemplate the sunrise while it is doing the hard work.

In a download situation of this magnitude, it is also possible that the download did not go 100% right. Even modern error detection/correction codes in the download software may have a problem with that large a file.

BTW, 12 hours on a file this size indicated a rate of 350k bits/sec, which is a respectable download rate (about 7x the highest rate a standard phone line can handle). Compare the size of the files; I'm sure you'll see the difference. This download normally occupies 2.3 CD disks.
lilgrit  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
lilgrit

I now have the back up discs and am sill having problems installing. It won't even start to install. I put the disc in and the icon comes up, I dbl. click and then NOTHING! I'm so frustrated. I've run every program possible thinking that I had some virus or spyware blocking me and came up with no results in that department.

What strikes me as odd is that I could install all the virus and spyware scans, but I still cannot install the punch software. I tried both Home Design Pro, and the Home Interior Program - neither will work. My computer fits the requirements and I don't know where else to turn.

My one thought is that my computer has an integrated graphics card and could this be causing the problem? Is there any ideas out there?

Thanks, Frustrated.
Lmc  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lmc

Did you not read what I posted just above this? Your virus scanner is doing a scan of this monstrous file you just handed it. That takes time and generally locks up the computer while it is in progress. Click the Search button and enter "virus scan" without the quotes, and see the same thing in several different ways of speaking.
joward  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
joward

Hi. The windows that I have created in Power tools window creator,keep changing their shape. Not once they are installed but when I am trying to install them. I created a long narrow transom window to go over double doors. When I go to place the window, it goes in as a triangle. Not all the time..but most of the time. It takes forever before the correct shape appears. Is this not weird? Anyone know how to deal with it? Thanks. Jo
Lmc  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lmc

Can you send me a specimen of your window? I'll try it out. Imean send a pln with one wall with one of your custom windows on it I can experiment with. If some kind of particular manipulation causes the problem, describe that, too.
Bednarova, Daniela  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bednarova, Daniela

Could you tell me why I can't read the text in the Properties? They appear like text which was done with the font not installed in Fonts folder. Jagged and not readable. Please, help. Daniela
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Daniela,

I saw this problem in a computer with a French version of the Windows OS

Try this
Go to your Control Panel, then to your Language Settings. The default language must be English (United States).

Now, if you can't visualize the preview bar / properties bar in full, try this:

- Close your programs. Go to your desktop.
- Right click --> Properties --> Settings --> Advanced
- Search the configuration for the Display (The tab is different in different Windows / Video card configurations).
- Set the DPI settings in Normal Size (96 DPI)
(see attached)
This should correct the problem

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
Bednarova, Daniela  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bednarova, Daniela

Thank you SOOOO much Patricia, for your advice. 96 DPI did it !!!!!!! Now not only Punch! is working but also my other software (Flash etc.) is readable.

YAY !!!!!

Daniela
Patricia G.  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Daniela

You are welcome!! Thank you for the feedback :-)

Patricia
Koleary  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Koleary

I've run into a problem installing the Interior Design Suite. I run the downloaded executable and after a bit of a wait, a standard 'do you trust this program' message pops up, I click to continue and the installer starts. When I click 'Next' in the installer to continue, it closes and nothing happens. Any ideas?
Patricia G.  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Check this page in the main support site
http://support.encore.co..._id=1206&product_id=2818

Patricia
comtnboarder  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
comtnboarder

My PC is brand new. Just installed windows 8 yesterday. The specs are intel core i7-3770, 16Gb RAM, 3TB HDD (C: drive where os is installed), 60 GB SSD (Currently empty), and 4GB Video Card. Yet when I intall it i get a message that pops up saying: "This software requires an additional 1408452848Kbytes free on the C: Drive to install. Please remove any unnecessary files and try again." Please help? Partitions are good. Nothing else is on the pc except chrome, and wireless peripherals. Antiivirus isn't even on it yet.
Patricia G.  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Check these articles
http://support.encore.co..._id=1206&product_id=2976
http://support.encore.co..._id=1645&product_id=2976

If these steps don't solve the problem, at the bottom of the articles, you will find a telephone number as well as an email address to submit a ticket to the TD

Patricia
Sowels, Bernetta  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Sowels, Bernetta

Unable to download Punch interior design suite on chromebook. HELP!
Patricia G.  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

As you probably know, this Forum is user to user (I am a Punch user like you) so we don't deal with hardware or installation issues because we can't evaluate your computer conditions.

Please, contact the technical support so they can check the issues in your computer, installation, etc as well as they will check your system, limitations, etc..
http://support.encore.com/

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes