[ Log In ]
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi House House,

Are you trying to open the files from the Windows Explorer?

To open a Punch file, you need to open your Punch program, then go to File--> open

Let us know if you need further assistance

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
Drunk, Punch  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Drunk, Punch

I've tried to open files from Windows Explorer, and from the "open" function in the program itself. Sometimes i get an insufficient memory alert. It's intermittent, so I don't know when it'll happen, but it's making me a bit insecure about the software. Are there updates for XP-SP2?
How do I access them?
Also at one point, my objects and textures disappeared, as well as a few other function in the application

Thanks for your time!
Lmc  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lmc

You cannot open Punch! by double clicking on a Punch! document (.pro file) like you can other Window's apps. You need to start Punch! first by double-clicking on the Punch! application icon in the Start->Programs menu, and then use Punch!'s File->Open command to browse to your .pro file and open it that way.

If doing this causes memory errors, then it's likely that you need to update your video drivers. See The Ten Commandments of Punch! Problems, article V, for details on doing that. After you've taken the steps recommended, read the rest of the articles on that web page for suggestions about other common Punch! problems.

If you continue to have problams, write down the exact error message and come back here and post it, and we'll help further.
bbuchanan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
bbuchanan

Each day that I work on a file, I do a "save as" and include the current date in the filename. When I try to reopen the file at a later date, the file is empty. What gives?
Lmc  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lmc

Punch! does an odd thing - they start out with a "new" file (as most Windows apps do). However, most apps disregard that new file when they close if no changes have been made to it. Punch! doesn't do that - it (most versions) will ask if you want to save it. People are not used to this, so they often will say yes, afraid to loose anything, and specify that the new ampty file gets saved as their work file, therefore erasing their work.

So, it's part the user's fault (for saving the empty file over the work file) and part Punch!'s fault (for asking about saving an unchyanged file, and an empty one, to boot).
Charnofsky, Harvey  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Charnofsky, Harvey

I upgraded my computer to windows 7. I want to upgrade from xp to windows 7 for series 3000.

Note of the Moderator: email edited for privacy reasons
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

As you probably know, this Forum is user to user (I am a Punch user like you) so we don't deal with hardware or installation issues because we can't evaluate your computer conditions.

Please, contact the technical support so they can check the issues in your computer, installation, patches, etc as well as they will check your system, limitations, etc..
http://support.encore.com/

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks