[ Log In ]
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

How to view the different levels:
In 3D Live View you have 4 different tools:
- Walk-through tool => you will see a little man in Live view => to walk, confirm that you selected the little man and not the chopper
- Flying around tools => you will see a chopper in in Live view
- The Aerial View tool => you will see the icon showing a satellite/ earth icon to see a top aerial view
- Room View => select a room and then click on the icon showing a floor plan to see an aerial view of the room

In order to Walk-through inside the house => use this system to start => Set the screen as half floorplan / half live view (Split View) => set live view as Walk-Through (the little man)--> in the floorplan view, you will see an arrow symbol --> point the arrow with the mouse and move this arrow to position the desired Walk-Through view--> also if you rotate the point of the arrow, the Walk-Through point if view will rotate as well.
Of course, if you wish, you can use the mouse only => If you click the little man icon in the live view screen => using your mouse => hold the left button => go forward / backward / left right. The mouse wheel will look up and down. The right button will change the elevation of the little man.
If you wish to visualize the second floor of your house, for example, and the floor elevation is 120" --> double click on the icon of the little man--> set the elevation at, for example, 160" (40 or 50"above of the floor elevation)
If you can't see the point and arrow--> set the zoom with a very low value (2D --> set zoom --> for example--> 10%) --> see attached

Floor cutout => check if the floor and Floor cutout have the same thickness and elevation.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
NoelB  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
NoelB

When my 3d rendering is complete, it shows the land surface contour in the basement while I initiate the walk through feature. When I stop walking the rendering of the land contour disappears. Can anyone suggest how to turn off whatever is causing the land contour to show up at all inside the structure? 

Thanks..
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

If the grass appears inside the basement while you are walking or flying, for example, this is the normal behavior of these tools => keep in mind that, while you are moving and pressing the mouse button, the program is preparing the rendering parameters => the real rendering happens when you release the mouse button.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks