[ Log In ]
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi ylaviolette,

Doors and Windows are special objects so, they don't follow the same rules of a chair, for example.

The 3D selector points the D&Ws so you can change the properties (height, elevation, etc), but in order to move D&Ws, you must select them and move them with the mice in one movement--> D&Ws don't move with the arrows (keyboard).

Yes, there is a difference of 1/2 inch in the baseboard location (exterior walls)

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
ylaviolette  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
ylaviolette

Thanks for your help Patricia

For the D&Ws movement if I don't want to go through the elevation editor, what is the best way to play with overlapping D&Ws? I thought I could use the 3d selection tool which doesn't work; unfortuntely neither does the nudge or move function (in AS4000)

for the 1/2 inch difference in the baseboard location: do you typically leave it as is or change wall height and elevation to correct it? Thx
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi ylaviolette,

As I stated, D&Ws don't move with the arrows (keyboard) or follow the Move command. However, in AS 4000 you can use the snap tools (right of the screen) to set the D&Ws in the exact place

Regarding your question "for the 1/2 inch difference in the baseboard location: do you typically leave it as is or change wall height and elevation to correct it?" it depends of my Customers' needs but I always consider both options

Patricia
DonnaM  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
DonnaM

Hi Ylaviolette,
The 1/2" difference in wall heights is to accomadate the default 1/2" autofloor that occurs when you place Exterior walls. This 1/2" can be changed to whatever you want. For instance if your subfloor space is 6", then this can be changed in the properties bar. When you place a baseboard on the exterior walls, the bottom of the baseboard will sit at the level defined in the properties bar for the autofloor height.

The interior walls also have the 1/2" deafult wall below the baseboard. This you cannot change; therefore, you have to raise or lower the wall according to your floor surface height.

Typically what I do is this, if it's not important for me to denote a subfloor space, then I stick with the 1/2" autofloor, but turn off the autofloor. It will maintain the 1/2" wall below a baseboard and then I draw my floors for each room individually and make the floor height 1/2". This is easier than raising and lowering walls.

DonnaM
Verberne, Shirley  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Verberne, Shirley

Just got program and mouse is turned down as slow as I can get it. I am trying to connect simple boxes/rooms and it will not give me the exact measurements I want. It jumps to either shorter or longer by a few inches and nothing seems to be working. Once I get one side correct, the other side has been changed.

Ready to return.

Shirl
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

if you just got the program, I'd suggest that you try to learn it, in order to maximize the results.
Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

I will be glad to help you, but, I'd need more information.
Please include the title, version, and platform you are using. On the PC you will find this info in the main menu => Help =>About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu => About…
You posted under the title "AS 4000", is this your program?
Post your question in the Forum's specific folder of your program. Old programs are in the Legacy section.

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc. Are you in Quick Start mode or in the Main program?
Did you set the snap options?

If you wish to post images => follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) => copy the full URL => Paste the link in your post

As you probably know, this Forum is user to user (I am a Punch user like you) so we don't deal with returns, refunds, etc. So, if you wish to return the program, you must contact the manufacturer or the point of purchase.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes