[ Log In ]
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DonnaM  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
DonnaM

Hi Mike, I actually replied to your other post and asked you to double click on the program icon in th explorer menu but it seems you've already done that. Hmmmm. Do you see any icons? There should be one with the program name ... that's the one you can double click on.

DonnaM
Carlisle, Ross  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Carlisle, Ross

When I installed NexGen, it took about 10 minutes for the computer to read the DVD and begin the installation. If I tried to click the CD drive icon it appeared to lock up the computer. Evidently there is a lot of data on the DVD the PC needs to read the entire DVD before if begins installation.
saronabound  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
saronabound

I had to copy all the files off the DVD and run setup from my C drive to get Punch to load.
I am glad someone else had this issue, I have a new laptop and was thinking something was wrong with my DVD player.

Saronabound
DonnaM  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
DonnaM

I do a lot of testing and experienced this issue quite often until recently. One time it took me an dhour and 40 minutes to install.

A birdie told me to turn off my firewall. That worked! It appears the firewall was trying read the entire DVD. It took 20 minutes, big difference.

DonnaM
Morrissey, Patricia  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Morrissey, Patricia

I purchased the Sunset Design Guide which came with the Punch! Bathroom Designer DVD. I cannot get this DVD to run. I have Windows XT Pro, and I have tried all the suggestions posted here. The DVD drive on my computer is not the problem (I tested it). When loaded into the drive, the DVD makes a noise like it is being read, but the only thing I get when I check the drive is an autorun icon, an autorun setup info file (in notebook) and a setup file. When I double click on the setup file the DVD just runs forever with no loading. I copied the setup file to my C drive and tried to open it there, but the folder is empty. Is this a bad DVD???
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Patricia Morrissey,

Several AV programs (like Norton, for example) have an option--> verification of all the CDs and DVDs before you open / install them, so probably,the noise you heard is your AV reading the disk and yes, it takes a lot of time...
Two options--> you can disable the verification option, or go for a coffee while you wait :-)

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
Mills, Robert  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 01, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Mills, Robert

How do I get the program to install and run on a new pc .
I have installed the program but keeps telling me my trial has ended .
any help is greatly appreciated .

Thanks
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 01, 2017 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

As you probably know, this Forum is user to user (I am a Punch user like you) so we don't deal with registrations, activation, etc. For these issues, you must contact the manufacturer or the point of purchase.

Please, contact the technical support so they can check the issues in your computer, installation, etc as well as they will check your system, settings, etc.
http://support.encore.com/

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks