logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dan

To visualize the concepts, perform the following test:
Create an empty file (File--> new)--> Go to the floor tab--> you will see a small arrow at the right of the name. By clicking the small arrow you have the option of view / hide other tabs--> click in the small arrow--> the floor tab will be selected--> select also the foundation tab--> draw an exterior wall--> go to the properties bar--> be sure the foundation is selected--> in your plan, you will see the wall + the foundation--> put a window / door, etc--> Go to the foundation tab--> click on the small triangle--> foundation tab will be selected--> select the floor tab also--> your plan will look in the same way in the floor tab and in the foundation tab, right? --> Now, in the foundation tab--> click on the small triangle--> unselect the floor tab--> the wall and the foundation will disappear!
This means that you can draw a wall with or without a foundation, but you can't draw a wall foundation without a wall.
Therefore-->if you draw a wall foundation in the foundation tab, this step includes a wall, so if you draw a wall in the floor tab, you will be duplicating the process

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
kenl  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
kenl

I have had HD3000 ver. 12 for 6 years but just now using it. I have a salt box style home with additions, so I have 3 levels (3' offset) to my 1st floor. The lot slopes downward from front to back. I have no idea how to begin drawing my home/foundation/lot slope. I need help getting started. Can anyone guide me??? THNAKS.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

There are two options:
1 - You can set the slope or other topo elements and the walls after this. In this case the floor of the basement will be at elevation 0.00" of the project.
2 - You can create a sunken first floor (basement), In this case, the elevation of the floor of the basement will be negative (-96", for example)

Check these 2 examples
http://www.punchhelpers.com/residential10.html
http://www.punchhelpers.com/exterior10.html

Anyway, you can set the levels of the house and lot as desired, not necessarily zero.

If you are interested, you will find tutorials about walk out basements in my e-books
Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
kenl  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
kenl

Thanks for your reply! The examples you sent showed sloping lots like mine, but can you explain how to create similar slopes in software? (version12). I tried tracing my topo plan but the result looks like mtns. Tracing the curving lines was impossible for me. The lot dimensions/shape I entered disappeared when I opened my file later. Also, how do I select the center section of the first floor to lower the floor (3ft lower than 1st floor)?
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Regarding the lines missing, I answered this in your previous post
In order to create a slope, you can use the slope tool. I'd suggest that you check these concepts in the "Adding Slopes" section of the User's guide or just type "slope" in the Search tab (Help section of your program).

Patricia
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
kenl  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
kenl

How do you mask the photo image? I select the black color but I am unable to mask the image. Random red squares appear on my photo.
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

This topic is explained step by step in the manual/specification/etc, which you can find in the section "To mask PhotoView images ", so it is kind of pointless to retype it here.
If you prefer, just use the search feature in the help files.

Patricia