logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seyman, John  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Seyman, John

Unfortunately, most items, like a photoview object to use as a masking object don't translate into the Framer, but...

What you can do is use the cutaway to eliminate anything in front of the wall you want the pic of, and then drop a beam from the framer just behind the wall. Make the elevation, length and the depth so that it masks out an area at least as large as the wall. The beam can be colored any color you like.

Using the beam assumes you have AS18 or later. If you need something before that I don't know what you could use for the mask.
What is a "Kinko's package"? Is it software one buys at Kinko's so that Kinko's can make large prints of the drawings or pictures one makes at his or her computer at home? Can you get the Kinko's software at other places like Comp USA?

I recently finished a number of drawings on PUNCH and now need to get blueprints made. I called a local blueprint shop here in Sacramento but they said I needed to have the data in a TPL file. PUNCH does not seem to convert to that format. They also said they could convert a PDF format, but PUNCH does not seem to do that either.

Your comment above is very much appreciated. I thought I was going to have to start from scratch with another program. A further explanation about the Kinko package would be helpful.
If you mean you want the whole house framing without the grass/sky background, simply set the ground and sky textures to a single color the same way you color anything else (drag and drop) before going into the framer, and that sets the background for the framer. You can restore the sky and grass textures, if you need to, with the first texture in the sky and grass materials categories, respectively.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi,

Kinko's package is a free software, that you can get with them, and it allows you to prepare your drawings to be printed by Kinko's.

Kinko's as well as other shops working with blueprints, use a file extension called PLT (Plotter). This format is a modified *.DWG (in size, because you can print the file but you can not edit it)

Yes, Punch can convert as PDF. You need to have the Acrobat writer. Then, select--> Print --> Select the printer Acrobat writer --> print to file.

Let me know if you need more help.

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
nethinor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
nethinor

Hi Patricia,

I tried printing to PDF and it comes out in 9 pages in Acrobat. How do I make the PDF come out in large format on one page?

Thanks for any help

Jason
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Jason,

Is very easy. When you select the printer (Acrobat PDF writer), you will see a button named "Preferences". Click it, and in the following screen you will see some options to change the printing options.
To do this, click the "Custom" option, and write the paper dimensions, margins and the page orientation (Portrait or Landscape)

Let me know if you need more help

Patricia
dockpaul  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
dockpaul

Two of my print shops were not able to make a clear copy of floor plans. The drawing fonts were much larger,different style, and overlapping into other rooms. Walls interior and exterior went throw window and door openings solid. Dimensions were printed in as flipped and some on other sides of dim. lines. One print shop prints using autocad 2002 other uses 2004. Both say they have not ability to change fonts on their end.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi dockpaul,

Punch doesn't export directly to DWF. Actually you will need Autocad to do this conversion: the DWF format uses data compression and vectors to create transferable files. If you need DWF files, your best solution is export your Punch AS 4000 file to DWG. Open this file with Autocad and convert it into a DWF file

You can download a free CAD utility from the Internet (try tucows or download.com). Autodesk (Autocad manufacturer) has a free Autocad demo for 30 days

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia