logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
wen

Not sure which version of Punch Software you are using, but I am using AS18. I have an Epson 2000P and Punch prints fine to 11x17, 13x19 and 13x22.5 (up to 44 inches)as well as using the poster size in the EPSON print driver which then lets me print (on 4 pieces of paper with a little overlap if you wish) 22x34, 26x38, 26x45 and there are some other sizes possible, but have not tried them yet. I am primarily using the print to paper size rather than print to scale. I would sure bet the problem is the HP driver, also. HP kept removing messages about one of their USB drivers from their message board until they got it fixed, so it may be hard to get a straight answer unless you can find an independent source. If you have a choice of USB or Parallel, you may want to try the other one.
[email protected]  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
randrx2@yahoo.com

I am using Version 4.5.1 of Professional Home Design Suite.

The problem is the software. I cannot print to scale. Everytime I do, no matter what printer I use, I get the error message. I can print just fine to the printer if I print it in 8.5 by 11.

I really need to print to scale (1/4"=1'). HELP!?
wen  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
wen

I tried it today and was able to print to 1/8 in scale on my Epson 2000P 11x17 and then in poster size printing 4 sheets of 11x17 to 1/4 inch scale. This is a floorplan that is roughly 60 x 106 feet. If all else fails, download the printer driver from Kinkos and print to it, then take the floppy to Kinkos where they will print any size you want for $0.75 per sq ft of paper. If you can print to the Kinkos driver and see your plan in the print preview, that prabably helps localize the problem. Just for grins be sure there is not something on the lot size that is bigger than 11x17 and that chokes the printer driver. You can copy your entire plan over to another lot that is just a little bigger than the floor plan if you need to do this. Select all, copy, and paste to the new plan.
Dragonlady  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dragonlady

I have the same situation! Almost the exact same printer! Mine is an HP1200Cse. However, for NO apparent reason--it suddenly started working the other day, and now prints the plans to scale (1/8") just fine. However, I get the exact same error message when I try to print with 1/8" construction materials in RealModel! All my drivers are completely updated, and I have no problems printing from any other program--never have.
Muller, Mark  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Muller, Mark

I want to save my designs to a disk so I can print them on a friends pc. How do I do this? Please help me.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Mark Muller,

If you friend has the same Punch version (or up), just Save as--> save to the disk--> open the disk in your friend computer--> copy the file in his / her computer--> open --> print

If your friend has not Punch--> print to file. The instructions change for each printer but usually, you can check the option "print to file"

In addition, if you have a PDF writer, you can print to PDF--> copy and print at your friend's printer

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Davis, Ted E  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Davis, Ted E

I am using a 'print to fit' on 11" x 17" paper. I have boxes and property lines which print so thin that they are hard to see.
How can I increase the line thickness?
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Ted E Davis,

Try to add supplementary lines using the detail tab--> you can set the type or line / thickness of the lines

Patricia
Davis, Ted E  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Davis, Ted E

I can change the thickness of everything except property lines. Am I doing something wrong?
Patricia G.  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Ted E Davis,

Unfortunately, they cannot be changed.
You can add a "shadow line" using the elements of the Detail tab

Patricia