logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LeBlanc, Dianne  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
LeBlanc, Dianne

Hi! I'm new to AS18, and cannot get my 1st completed floor plan to print--everything appears to be okay, and the paper is fed through the printer, but it comes out blank, as Dave states above. I was able to get a 2nd 'test' plan to print, and printed one of the included plans. I can also print from Live View.

If my file is corrupted, how can I find out and fix it? How can I copy and paste my design to a new file as Patricia suggests above? The only 'copy' function I see is to move objects between floors or between plans in the current design. I'd really like to NOT have to recreate the entire plan, if there is any way possible. Thanks for your help,

Dianne L.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dianne L.

Try this
- Open a new and empty file in Punch
- Open your plan--> Be sure that all the layers are present (If you are working in the floor tab (or electrical, etc), you will see a small black arrow at the right of the name. By clicking the small arrow you have the option of viewing or hiding other tabs. Just check all the names of the tabs)
- Lasso all the elements of the floorplan (check the image attached). Don't use the "Select all"
option
- Edit--> Copy
- Go to the blank file you opened
- Edit--> Paste
- Save as "XXX.PRO"

Try to print this new plan. If after this you still experience problems, send me your file and I will check it

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Dreamweaver  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dreamweaver

I am using a Toshiba notebook with windows ME and printing to a HP 7660 printer. I have no problem printing the preinstalled floor plans but can not print the ones I create. I get a
PRINTMGR.EXE message

any help would be appreciated
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dreamweaver

Are you working with your grid visible? Uncheck this feature (Options--> Grid visible) and try to print the plan

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Dreamweaver  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dreamweaver

I do not think my lest message posted so here it goes again. I turned off the grid visible option and was able to print the 2nd and 3rd floors but unable to print the 1st floor. Tried soooo many times but nothing worked. Also tried to print real model and I get a P!RMODEL.EXE error. Kind of like the PRNTMGR.EXE error message. I can not print a real model from the preloaded plans either. I tried copying to a new file and that did not work either. I got the latest driver for my printer. still working on seeing if I need a newer version of my video driver. I am not very knowledgable at this stuff so it takes me a long time to figure it all out. Any help would be appreciated. Before I go... I was thinking of upgrading to AS4000 but not if they have as many problems with printing as I am having. It does me no good to only see my plans on a laptop.
Dreamweaver  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dreamweaver

I just bought a new computer. Is there anything I can do to not have the same print problems with printing the first floor plan and the realmodel? I am thinking maybe the plan is currupted. I read that in one of the other chats.
Dreamweaver  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dreamweaver

I was able to get my floor plans to print on my new computer. It must have been something with my old computer. Thanks anyway