logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TNJames  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:17:21 PM(UTC)
TNJames

United States

12June2018: TNJames got new Version 20 of Punch Architectural, after being assured it will preserve work done in V19. New V20 absolutely destroyed the copious annotations on the 3 floors of my heavily annotated 7614 sq ft house design; same disaster for my designed and annotated 2800-sq-ft, 5-stall, 40-ft-deep garage, deep enough for a cargo or boat trailer in front of a pickup or SUV, with one oversize RV bus stall.

Fortunately I installed off a DVD disk, so I still had V19 installed on my computer, and I had not saved the mess that V20 made. V20 seems to randomly select a potpourri of fonts, sizes and line lengths when it replaces the more constrained text that is available for annotations in Version 19.

Switching over to V20 is not in the cards because the annotations within the rooms of my house design are numerous and important (such as floor truss thickness, directions, supporting walls, and lengths; ditto for roof trusses for the house and garage, and mid-span supporting walls for both). YUK.

FYI My Punch Architectural is installed on a system with the latest Windows 10, and a powerhouse "gaming" technology computer with three 27-inch monitors attached.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:45:20 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

V20 includes rich text but V19 doesn't. You can select your text in V20 and select the font, size, color, etc.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store