logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Melchior, Ed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:44:21 PM(UTC)
Melchior, Ed

United States

I'm using Home Design Studio Essentials, v19. I'm hoping to setup the lots prior to placing anything on them. I have 3 (three) roughly pie-shaped lots, all adjacent. I'd like to set those up before starting to place buildings or plantings. I've read that a Coordinates mode exists for entry of lot information. How do I find that area (Coordinate Mode)?

Thanks!

Ed Melchior
Home Design Essentials 21 (Mac)
macOS Monterey
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 9:00:36 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Ed,

The feature exists, however it is not present in all the versions, as you can see in this chart
http://www.punchsoftware...ion-is-right-for-me.aspx

You program (Essentials) doesn't include Property line using Coordinates.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Melchior, Ed  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 10:09:09 PM(UTC)
Melchior, Ed

United States

Thanks for the fast response!

Well, I'd be happy to do a .jpg import and design on top of that, but being able to import the image seems to escape me as well. If I want to pull in an accurate drawing of my odd-shaped lots, how do I do that? Basically, I would like to have my plats in, and any way I can do that I'd be most happy. I'm capable of converting any image, so I'm pretty flexible as long as I can get the land stuff into it.

Suggestions?

Ed Melchior
macOS Monterey
Melchior, Ed  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 10:18:51 PM(UTC)
Melchior, Ed

United States

By "seems to escape me as well" could be restated as "import-> background image" results in no image being visible. Are there format restrictions as to jpg imports, or should I be using a bitmap, or some other method?

Oh, and this forum seems to repaint the posting composing screen so that I often have to retype what I already put in because of what looks like a screen refresh. It happened about 6 times (make that 7) during this post.

Thanks!
macOS Monterey
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 11:22:42 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

RollEyes
Originally Posted by: Melchior, Ed Go to Quoted Post
By "seems to escape me as well" could be restated as "import-> background image" results in no image being visible. Are there format restrictions as to jpg imports, or should I be using a bitmap, or some other method?

The feature "Import background image" is related with the background of 3D images.
In this case you should use the Trace image feature => Follow these steps => Main Menu => Go to => Design => Load Floor Plan Trace Image => the Trace menu will open => Set Image.

Oh, and this forum seems to repaint the posting composing screen so that I often have to retype what I already put in because of what looks like a screen refresh. It happened about 6 times (make that 7) during this post.

You are correct. I reported this issue to the programmers, and I am waiting for a solution.RollEyes
Melchior, Ed  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 12:02:04 AM(UTC)
Melchior, Ed

United States

Cool, thanks! That worked well (although i didn't see a "set image" option, but I see the image now). My next task is to get the dimensions in scale, but I'll browse around a little and see if i can figure it out.

Thanks!
macOS Monterey
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 12:20:50 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

You're welcome! BigGrin

Cool, thanks! That worked well (although i didn't see a "set image" option, but I see the image now).
Thanks!

"Set image" is not a program instruction => the last step of my instructions is to set the image.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. See links below.