logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AtomicVette  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:53:13 AM(UTC)

When I try to change a paint color, or material on an object. It will do one of several things.
1. It will put the color on a completely different object in the project
2. It will just flash the screen and nothing changes.
3. It will put the material on the ground

I've tried using cut-away view to help remove any other objects to avoid confusion, and sometimes this helps. Or moving objects outside the building and then changing the material/color and then moving it back inside the building. But this is really annoying. I purchased this software for the PC and the Mac and both have extremely buggy.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:09:59 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

as you are posting in this section, I am assuming that the question is related with the Professional PC version.

This issue is not a bug => it is related with your computer video card.

Try this: in your Punch program => Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if your issue is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if your issue is solved.

There are few tricks to apply the textures
1 - Try to set the position of the little man close to the surface you wish to apply texture or color, however, you don't need to be on the floor to texture a floor, for example. If there are not interferences, you can even apply a texture from the chopper.
2 - If the element elevation is under the 0.00" level--> the little man elevation must be also below the 0.00" level.
3 - Doors and windows-->apply the color / texture on the surfaces parallel with the wall where the door / window is installed.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
You will find free tutorials in my Website and Facebook page
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. See link to my eBooks page below, in my signature.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
N Diven on 5/6/2021(UTC)