logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stebot  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 10:44:40 PM(UTC)
Stebot

Canada

Dear Punch Pros,

I am trying to import a topography file from an older Version (not sure of the version number. Last used in 2010) into the latest version, with no success. Any tips and tricks?

Cheers,
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 11:27:06 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

I will be glad to help, however, in order to provide the correct tips and tricks, I will need additional information:

1 - Can you inform the version of your current Punch Premium program? (V19, or V20, etc.). On the PC you will find this info in the main menu => Help => About…
2 - What type of file are you trying to import? DXF / DWG? PRO? PTO?

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue and provide the best solution. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Stebot  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:06:12 PM(UTC)
Stebot

Canada

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

I will be glad to help, however, in order to provide the correct tips and tricks, I will need additional information:

1 - Can you inform the version of your current Punch Premium program? (V19, or V20, etc.). On the PC you will find this info in the main menu => Help => About…
2 - What type of file are you trying to import? DXF / DWG? PRO? PTO?

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue and provide the best solution. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

Thank you for your reply.

it is V20 and it is a .PRO file. The message I I am getting is: "Topography from a previous version detected. Unexpected results may occur, see User's Guide for "Converting Topography from a previous version" Any topography slopes in the desing will be converted to topography contours"

I have tried working with it but it comes out all wrong.

Would you have a solution?
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 1:26:47 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

The old Punch programs (up to version 12) created a file for the building (.PRO) and a file for the topography => the format of these topo files was .PTO (Punch Topography)
The new Punch programs create just one file including all the information (building and topo).

To convert the old files to your V20 program, follow these steps:

1 - Open the Windows File Explorer => create a folder => include the 2 files=> the old file with the building (myfile.PRO for example) and the old topo file (myfile.PTO for example)
2 - Open your V20 program => File => Open => myfile.PRO => you will receive an error message (as you stated in your post) => select "yes" => browse for your myfile.PTO file => the topography will open and the topo appear in the Landscape tab => Save your file => the topo and building will be integrated in one file.

Note => The Punch programs' version compatibility works following the ascendant version number. This means that the old files are compatible with the new versions but this doesn't work backwards.
Therefore, a file elaborated with Version 12 (for example) can be opened using version 20, but if you save the file using version 20 it will not open with Version 12.

Hope this helps.

Stebot  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 4:51:49 AM(UTC)
Stebot

Canada

Thank you...I was able now to get the old file with the topo to open. But how do I import the topo file now into my new project? When I open the file I am working on, it does not give me an option to import or search for a topo file. I can draw my own but that's about it. Still don't quite understand how to import a .PTO file in an existing project.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:38:12 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

1 - Open your old file that includes the topography (using V20) => go to the Landscape tab => on the Properties tab (right of the screen) unselect all the tabs except Landscape => Edit => Select All => Edit => Copy.
2 - Open your new file that doesn't include the topography => go to the Landscape tab => confirm that the tab is empty => on the Properties tab (right of the screen) unselect all the tabs except Landscape => Edit => Paste.

In this way, the old topography will appear in the new file. Notice that in order to copy and paste the topography (or any other element) both files must be in the same floor (first floor, or second floor, etc).

Hope this helps.
Stebot  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:14:56 AM(UTC)
Stebot

Canada

Simple Copy and Paste. Thank you. That worked great. Was overthinking it.
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:57:20 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

No problem. Glad to know that the problem is solved! ThumpUp

Thank you for your feedback.