logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gib Jr  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 2:04:25 AM(UTC)
Gib Jr

United States

Thanks for looking at my post! I am a new user to Punch! Home & Landscape Design although experienced in other CAD programs (Autocad, Draftsight, UG/NX, Solidworks, SketchUp). I am using Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium version 17.0.0 to design a new back porch on my house and an addition to my garage. I’ve been able to design the existing garage and addition without an issue. However, I am having a problem laying in my lot lines with the proper distance from this garage. Also, my lot is a very odd un-even pentagon shape and I have not figured out how to lay the lot lines at the proper angle or length. My city is a sticker for having all of this defined on their drawings. Does this version of Punch! Home & Landscape Design offer a way to define a lot line by length and angle? The Help Function did not lead my to a solution.

If this is not available in version 17.0.0, does the most recent version offer this functionality?
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:41:52 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: Gib Jr Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for looking at my post!

ThumpUp

Originally Posted by: Gib Jr Go to Quoted Post
I am having a problem laying in my lot lines with the proper distance from this garage. Also, my lot is a very odd un-even pentagon shape and I have not figured out how to lay the lot lines at the proper angle or length. My city is a sticker for having all of this defined on their drawings. Does this version of Punch! Home & Landscape Design offer a way to define a lot line by length and angle? The Help Function did not lead my to a solution.
If this is not available in version 17.0.0, does the most recent version offer this functionality?

First, an important note => V17 is an old version so, depending of your OS, hardware, video card, etc, some general features might or might not work accurately.

You can create the lot using the property line tool (Landscape tab)=> trace the lines => rotate , etc.
Also, you can use the shapes in the Detail tab => select => Convert to => Property line.
Other titles (such as Architectural Series and Professional) include Survey Coordinates.
Another option => if you have your topo features developed with AutoCad or Draftsight, for example (DXF / DWG up to V2004) => use File => Import => DXF / DWG => select the imported shape => Convert to => Property line.

If you are interested, I have eBooks for all the versions with lots of tutorials. Check this page in my website

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
Gib Jr on 12/2/2019(UTC)
Gib Jr  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:26:43 PM(UTC)
Gib Jr

United States

Patricia:

Thank you very much for your quick response! I really appreciate it. You are correct: I am using a very old version (v17.0.0) of this software. It is running on an older machine which was recently updated to Windows 10. I am starting to believe that not all of the functionality of this software is in place.

- I tried to manipulate the property line via the rotate function, but that function rotates all of the property lines the same amount
- The software does not allow me to draw these lines individually: I must complete the shape of the property
- I really liked your idea to import the property line as a .DWG file. Unfortunately, that did not seem to work. I am using Dassault Systemes DraftSight as a 2D CAD software and saving it in the .dwg format

I am now considering an upgrade to v20. I want to get these plans done and submitted to my city rather than fiddle with work-arounds.

I'll check out your eBooks: thanks for the link!
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 12:47:51 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hello Gib Jr,

Thank you for your feedback.

Drafsight is fine for the DWG file (I use this program too) => if you experience problems to import the DWG file, follow this tutorial in my webpage.

Hope this helps.
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
Gib Jr on 12/2/2019(UTC)
Gib Jr  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:19:31 AM(UTC)
Gib Jr

United States

Patricia: Thank you very much for this tutorial! After reading it I found my errors:

1. I had not saved it in the proper format. I re-saved the file in R14
2. I had to import it with feet as the measurement rather than inches

After doing both of these it imported without a problem. I used those lines to form my landscape boundary.

I was literally just about to purchase Home Designer Suite 2020 when I received the notification of your response. Thanks for steering me in the right direction! I'll keep using my current Punch! software (and maybe upgrade it to v20).
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:56:49 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

No problem. Glad to know that the problem is solved! ThumpUp

Thank you for your feedback.