logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Froess, Ray  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 12:53:54 AM(UTC)
Froess, Ray

I have Home Design & landscape Professional v 18.0.1.1015. I can't rotate the electrical outlet. It keeps placing it on the other side of the wall. I searched the forum for "rotate outlet" and found two old answers; 2011 and 2006. Neither has a solution. Has this been fixed in the latest update?
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 1:06:51 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

First, let's define a few concepts:
1 - If you have a horizontal receptacle and you wish to place it on the same face of the wall but vertically, then the concept is "Rotate the receptacle"
2 - If you have a receptacle on one side of a wall and you wish to move the outlet to the other side of the wall, then the concept is "Flip the receptacle"
3 - The outlets components in Punch are called "Receptacles".
Therefore, what you want to do is "Flipping a Receptacle".

Originally Posted by: Froess, Ray Go to Quoted Post
I searched the forum for "rotate outlet" and found two old answers; 2011 and 2006. Neither has a solution. Has this been fixed in the latest update?

There isn't any issue or bug related with any electric component so I don't see any problem to fix. But, if you do a search at the Forum with the correct word (Flip), you will find 13 pages with lots of answers and information.
In addition, the user's Guide (page 150) explains how to place or flip a receptacle.

Now, the technical answer to the question "How to Flip an outlet?"
Select the outlet => drag it to the other side of the wall +> see the red arrow in the image below.

Receptacle.jpg (6kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

But if you really wish to rotate a receptacle (horizontally or vertically) => open the element with the 3D Workshop Power Tool => Rotate it => save it as component in your library.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store