logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twinkletoes  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:49:12 PM(UTC)
twinkletoes

Canada

Hello!

I'm new to Punch! so this may be a silly question...how do I copy and paste a customized cabinet?
I'm trying to design a showroom of sorts. It's one large room with walls dividing each room, each room having the same "cabinets" with different floor/tile/paint combinations side by side so I can compare them.

I'm using the same customized cabinet over and over again for this...it is actually 3 base cabinets put side by side to look as one (with specific measurements for each attribute [doors, drawers etc] and imported "materials" applied - thanks to Pat's Tip # 13 on Facebook ThumpUp) so to multiply with out copy&paste is proving tiresome. Copy under the Edit menu is grayed out when the cabinet is selected.

There has to be a way to do this right?
Help!

~twinkletoes
using Punch! Home Design & Landscape Professional
version 21.0.0.1013
~twinkletoes
using Punch! Home Design & Landscape Professional
version 21.0.0.1013
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:34:17 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Glad to know that my tips helped! ThumpUp

The cabinets developed with the Cabinet Tool (Floor Tab) are attached components, therefore, you can't copy / paste these elements.

This is a good solution => my advanced collection includes lots of cabinets (including the basic models) => after you install the collection, these cabinets will be part of your library, so you can drag and drop the cabinets on the plan, or open the cabinets with the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool, as well as customize the cabinets, resize, change materials / colors and create new libraries with he modified cabinets and templates with several cabinets.
In this way, you can copy / paste or insert the cabinets as necessary.
All the collections include instructions to install the the objects, textures, title blocks, etc.

Of course, if you prefer, you can create your own cabinets using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool. If you are interested, my eBook for V21 includes a full chapter dedicated to this Power Tool, so you can learn how to create your own models.

Hope this helps
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store