logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lazeegee  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 5:27:54 PM(UTC)
lazeegee

United States

Been using Punch Design for years, several upgrades. Loaded old program on new computer. Wouldn' allow selection library materials, colors, etc. Issue appeared to be color system. New computer has 64 bit and no way of changing it to 32 bit. So ordered and installed newest V21 version of Home Design and Landscape. Then discovered same problem exists. Program requires 32 bit system - computer only has 64 bit. Any solutions? If not, I just blew more money for nothing!
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 5:53:19 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

First, let's clarify some concepts:
Originally Posted by: lazeegee Go to Quoted Post
New computer has 64 bit and no way of changing it to 32 bit. So ordered and installed newest V21 version of Home Design and Landscape. Program requires 32 bit system - computer only has 64 bit.

This is not accurate. If you check the "What is new" page for your program, you will see that the V21 programs work with 64 bit.
See image below:
64 bits.JPG (16kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Been using Punch Design for years, several upgrades. Loaded old program on new computer. Wouldn' allow selection library materials, colors, etc. Issue appeared to be color system.

Do you mean selection with the Find Applied Tool? Selection in the Palettes? Selection with the Design Colors (User Interface)?
Please, try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc. Also, if possible, share an image of the issue.
How to post images in the Forum.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and settings. Notice that V21 has new settings that work differently from the previous versions.

If you are interested, my eBook for the V21 programs includes several tutorials about these subjects.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
lazeegee on 10/31/2020(UTC)
lazeegee  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:16:34 PM(UTC)
lazeegee

United States

Thanks for response. Have created bathroom remodel plan, including vanity, shower, typical bathroom fixtures. Now want to apply colors to walls, floor covering materials, wood color to doors, trim, etc. I get a limited pallet for these on right side of screen, but cannot click and drag to split screen 3D images.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:48:19 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
You're welcome! Cool

I see 2 different issues:
Have created bathroom remodel plan, including vanity, shower, typical bathroom fixtures. Now want to apply colors to walls, floor covering materials, wood color to doors, trim, etc. I get a limited pallet for these on right side of screen

The reduced palette depends of the conditions of your purchase: some features are included with the product and some are additional. I'd suggest that you contact the sales department in order to verify the features included with your purchase.

cannot click and drag to split screen 3D images.

This is a hardware issue.
1 - Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if your issue is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if your issue is solved.
2 - Always important => update the drivers of your video card.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store