logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dch2021  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 10:46:17 PM(UTC)
dch2021

United States

I have a walkout rambler, so three walls are against grade, while one faces the yard.

So the three walls against the grade are thicker (8”) then the one faces the yard (6”). It appears I can’t create my basement with two different wall thickness. I read in another post that exterior walls need to be “fused”.

Can you unfused walls once fused?

What the impact if exterior walls are not fused?

Also, it appears once a wall is created I can’t manually enter the length of the wall. All I can do is drag the walls length.
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 10:48:48 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi there,

when you post questions at the Forum, please inform the exact name and version number of your program (V15 or V18 or V21, etc).
On the PC you will find this info in the main menu => Help => About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu => About…
Different programs and versions include different features, so we need the information in order to provide the correct solutions.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
dch2021  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:22:13 AM(UTC)
dch2021

United States

Originally Posted by: dch2021 Go to Quoted Post
I have a walkout rambler, so three walls are against grade, while one faces the yard.

So the three walls against the grade are thicker (8”) then the one faces the yard (6”). It appears I can’t create my basement with two different wall thickness. I read in another post that exterior walls need to be “fused”.

Can you unfused walls once fused?

What the impact if exterior walls are not fused?

Also, it appears once a wall is created I can’t manually enter the length of the wall. All I can do is drag the walls length.

Sorry I thought I was in the forum for my specific software version which is home deign professional v21.

I figured out how to change existing wall dimensions.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:28:23 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

There are many versions of "Professional" so we prefer to confirm in order to provide the correct information.

There are 2 situations:
1 - Exterior walls => in Punch, the exterior walls must be an enclosed perimeter. In this enclosed perimeter, the walls share the thickness.
2 - Interior walls => if you created an enclosed perimeter (exterior walls), you can add the interior walls using different thickness, as you can see in this image

Walls with different thickness.jpg (34kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Important concepts:
- if you have two walls and you join them using the arrows of your keyboard, you are connecting the walls => this means that the walls are together but they are independent => they don't share the properties and work as 2 separated walls.
- if you have two walls and you join them using the mouse, you are merging the walls => this means that the walls are fused => they share the properties (including thickness) and they work as only one wall.

Note that exterior walls should be fused.

If you are interested, my eBook Fast & Easy - Create Your 3D Project in 8 Fast & Easy Steps explains step by step how to develop a house with a walkout basement, as you can see in this image from the eBook.

UserPostedImage

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store