logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Denis Péloquin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 12:13:22 PM(UTC)
Denis Péloquin

Canada

hello!
I'm using Home and landscape design professional version 21 on a PC with windows 10.
My home includes a garage in the basement. How do you design an entry with a slope to access de garage? I tried retaining walls, pathway/driveway, edging and topography lines options from landscape menu but then all the rest of the ground become accidented.
Also, my house is a townhouse having other townhouses bordering it on both sides. Is there a way to define semi-detached walls? And the driveway is shared with my right neighbor so one side of my driveway is not constrained. Is there a way to identified all this? If not, I can leave with identifying my home as a bungalow.
Thanks in advance for your help.
P.s. it is the first time I use a forum entry and I am not a perfectly bilingual person.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 1:39:26 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: Denis Péloquin Go to Quoted Post
How do you design an entry with a slope to access de garage?

You can use the slope tool (Landscape Tab)

Is there a way to define semi-detached walls? And the driveway is shared with my right neighbor so one side of my driveway is not constrained. Is there a way to identified all this?

You can identify the different type of walls or driveways in your plan using the elements of the Draw Style Tab (User Guide - Page 101)

P.s. it is the first time I use a forum entry and I am not a perfectly bilingual person.

Don't worry! ThumpUp

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => In order to get started, try to create elements or a simple plan not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and solutions.

If you are interested, my Fast & Easy eBook series includes Rapide & Facile Séries- Créez votre projet 3D en 8 étapes rapides et faciles Learn how to create your project in 8 Fast and Easy Steps. Start with a draft and follow the process step by step, to get a fully furnished project. Includes the finished PRO file used in the eBook that you can check as you read.
This particular eBook is in French and is available also in English.
As you can see in the image below, it includes how to create slopes in the lot.

UserPostedImage

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
Denis Péloquin on 1/12/2022(UTC)