logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Connor Juvonen  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 4:04:23 PM(UTC)
Connor Juvonen

Hello,

I'm using Punch! Home & Landscape Design Suite 15.01

I'm having this very frustrating issue where 90% of the time in the 3D view, any drag and drop texture/paint/trim/etc. does not apply to the surface I am clicking on. It either does not apply at all, or applies to the wrong surface (sometimes in a completely different area of the house). I've tried zooming in close to the surface, far away, etc. Even tried from outside through the window. Does anyone have some advice how to fix this problem?

My PC specs:
Dell G15 5510
Intel Core i7-10870H
RTX 3060 (laptop GPU)
WD Blue SN570 1TB hard drive
16GB RAM

P.S. My software is somewhat old (from 2010) and is called Punch! Home & Landscape Design Suite, so I didn't know which section to post under (Architectural Series, Professional, Premium, etc.).

Thank you in advance,

Connor
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 6:06:34 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

First, two notes:
Originally Posted by: Connor Juvonen Go to Quoted Post

As you stated, the program is old. Current version is V21. The issue that you described was very common at the time. Current versions include a control to manage this problem. The solution below is what we used at the time and it worked.

My software is somewhat old (from 2010) and is called Punch! Home & Landscape Design Suite, so I didn't know which section to post under (Architectural Series, Professional, Premium, etc.).

Yes, I moved your post.

I'm having this very frustrating issue where 90% of the time in the 3D view, any drag and drop texture/paint/trim/etc. does not apply to the surface I am clicking on. It either does not apply at all, or applies to the wrong surface (sometimes in a completely different area of the house). I've tried zooming in close to the surface, far away, etc. Even tried from outside through the window. Does anyone have some advice how to fix this problem?

This issue can be related with the fact that your program is rather old => old programs don't work well with more updated components (hardware) or with integrated video cards..
Try these resources:

- Check the website of your video card manufacturer and update the drivers.
- Go to the video setup on your PC (may be different for different versions of Windows and video cards); for most, click on an empty part of the windows Desktop, click on Settings => Advanced => Troubleshoot. Back the accelerations slider, one level each time and see if the problem disappears.
- Right click on the wallpaper (look for a place without icons) => Properties => Settings => Advanced => Open GL => Compatibility Settings => Force 16 bits => Apply => OK
- Set your video color depth at 24 or 32 bits ("true color").
- Go to www.microsoft.com/directx, and see what version is current and check if you have this version installed in your computer.
- Some NVidia card users reported additional problems => in this case change the color settings from 32 bit to 16 bit.
Now, if the accelerations controls are not available, this means that you don't have a dedicated memory for video. In this case, go to the control panel of your video chip / adapter => performance => move the control and set down the performance.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store