logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krogh, michael  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 10:35:29 PM(UTC)
krogh, michael

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 6/1/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2

I have used Punch software actively for 12 yrs and considering the upgrade to v21 from v18. However, I am concerned about learning a new interface...dont have time now to learn a new program.

Question: Is the new interface similar so its easy to pick up if you are familiar with v18 ? Also, are there any features avaialble in v18 that are no longer available in v21 ? Last time I upgraded to v18 I remember losing a some features I previously used which seems odd in an upgrade, but was the case. Any help/guidance on deciding to upgrade is greatly appreciated.

For what its worth, I use Punch to design new homes and occasional extensive remodels. I do not use it to get permits, just to design homes and for marketing tools. Once created, the file is given to a Architect to create plans for city.

thanks!!

(one last thing, does v21 give us any tools for creating different fascias...like exposed tails, different sizes, etc )
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 12:40:32 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/1/2002(UTC)
Posts: 7,423

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: krogh, michael Go to Quoted Post
Question: Is the new interface similar so its easy to pick up if you are familiar with v18 ? Also, are there any features avaialble in v18 that are no longer available in v21 ? Last time I upgraded to v18 I remember losing a some features I previously used which seems odd in an upgrade, but was the case. Any help/guidance on deciding to upgrade is greatly appreciated.

The UI is similar, but as V21 includes new features, there are new icons, tabs, etc.
You can see the new features in this chart and compare with your current features.

Originally Posted by: krogh, michael Go to Quoted Post
(one last thing, does v21 give us any tools for creating different fascias...like exposed tails, different sizes, etc )

Not automatically, just as objects.

Originally Posted by: krogh, michael Go to Quoted Post
I have used Punch software actively for 12 yrs and considering the upgrade to v21 from v18. However, I am concerned about learning a new interface...dont have time now to learn a new program.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the User Guide (this is important), see the videos => In order to get started, try to create elements or a simple plan not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and solutions.

If you are interested, my eBook for V21 Learning Punch! Software: Training, Tools and Tutorials for V21 for Windows includes more than 610 pages and more than 1300 color images (showing the new features, tutorials, screen guides, tables, examples, rendering results and screenshots as well as the updates), covering exclusively the new Punch! Software Version 21 for Windows. Topics and tools are linked on the screen using more than 2300 hyperlinks.
Also, the purchase includes a gift => see offer here

Hope this helps.



Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Users browsing this topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.