logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
70Goat  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 1:31:32 AM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

I'm not sure where to post this topic, I'm new here and still working out posting etc but I am trying to create a hole in a flat plain like counter or to add a vessel sink halfway out of the top so the top is not covering the inside of the sink I know it can be done but not sure of the steps please help thanks
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 3:26:04 AM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi there,

1 - Please, inform the full title name, version, and platform you are using. On the PC you will find this info in the main menu => Help => About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu => About…

2 - Are you trying to do create this hole in a 3D object or in a cabinet or using the 3D custom Workshop Power tool or 3D custom Workshop Power tool?

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
70Goat  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 2:50:31 AM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

Sorry, it is ver. 21 windows professional. Yes, in the 3d custom workshop the simplified one, I looked at something that was made by punch and just followed what it looked like they did, but it was cumbersome to use the polygon tool and draw the countertop with the hole in it, seems like they should put a tool like the cabinet
but for use on any shape. hope the info helped you understand what I'm trying to do.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 3:55:29 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: 70Goat Go to Quoted Post
seems like they should put a tool like the cabinet

Of course, it exists. It is called "Cabinet Cutout". User Guide => Page 800.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the User Guide (this is important), see the videos => In order to get started, try to create elements or a simple plan not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and solutions.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
70Goat  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 9:38:08 PM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

Yes I tried that but its for cabinets that are made with the cabinet tool right, if I create a cube and then want to put a cylindrical hole right though the middle of it when in the work shop not pro I can use that? Page 800 is very short on how to really use the cabinet cut out although I did sorta figure it out for a kitchen island sink.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 3:29:22 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

if I create a cube and then want to put a cylindrical hole right though the middle of it when in the work shop not pro I can use that?

No, you can't however, you can create an opening in a solid using the 3D Custom Workshop Pro.
See image below.

XX Import sink 02.jpg (62kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Page 800 is very short on how to really use the cabinet cut out although I did sorta figure it out for a kitchen island sink.

If you are interested in learning about the 3D Custom Workshop and 3D Custom Workshop Pro Power Tools, and how to create custom elements, my eBook for V21 Learning Punch! Software: Training, Tools and Tutorials for V21 for Windows includes a full chapter for each 3D Custom Workshop.

Also, if you are interested, check my Cabinets Collection => a collection with dozens of cabinets, islands, sets, pieces, etc. They don’t need to be attached to a wall and they can be customized and resized (with the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool) using different models, hardware, materials, colors, etc.

Hope this helps.
70Goat  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 4:31:25 AM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

Thank you for your time, it did, I went back and studied the help pages. I do have another Q, I opened one of the premade plans and found cabinet bar pulls I like, but they are not in my inventory, there is the horizontal version but not the vertical I have not found a way to rotate them just move up down side to side. I'm guessing that I'm out luck or can I create them and add them to the list of available pulls
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 3:12:58 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

I have not found a way to rotate them just move up down side to side. I'm guessing that I'm out luck or can I create them and add them to the list of available pulls

Yes, you can. See User Library (Page 114 User Guide) => you can edit these elements.
70Goat  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 11:00:31 PM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

OK I looked at page 144 and its all about plants, I think you may have meant 244 that's about cabinets, and I see the Hardware library, hardware style and positioning with 4 arrows but no rotation icon but it doesn't say I can rotate the hardware just move it around maybe I'm not seeing it
Forum Host  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 11:09:59 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
See (Page 114 User Guide) => you can edit these elements.
[email protected]
70Goat  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 2:42:07 AM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

Ok that's for 3d objects, I want to rotate a cabinet door pull from the style library, its a stainless steal t bar pull and on cabinet doors they should be vertical, but in the library they only show horizontal is there a way to rotate the horizontal Tbar to vertical like in the kitchen of the second sample plan if you go to the kitchen they have it vertical on the island cabinets.
Patricia G.  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 9:55:02 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Ok that's for 3d objects, I want to rotate a cabinet door pull from the style library

Page 114 is about the User Library and editing current objects. See lines highlighted in yellow in the image below.

v21 guide.jpg (66kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

70Goat  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 4:37:47 AM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

edit home design.jpg (34kb) downloaded 3 time(s). These are the pulls I want to edit And I don't understand how to get them into the user library I just want to rotate a cabinet pull from 0 to 90 degrees I created the pull in the 3d work shop saved it and I cant access the library its in when I click on the user lib it doesn't show up Im sure Im doing something wrong
Patricia G.  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 2:39:25 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

I created the pull in the 3d work shop saved it and I cant access the library its in when I click on the user lib it doesn't show up Im sure Im doing something wrong

As stated => send the pull to User Library => Edit the Pull => Apply the pull from the user library.

70Goat  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 6:31:39 AM(UTC)
70Goat

United States

ok im still not understanding I have the pull in my user library and i clicked on it and brought it into the house plan and in 3d mode circled in red cabinetpic.jpg (63kb) downloaded 1 time(s). clicked on cabinet where i wanted it, it appeared but i am unable to move it around using the 4 arrow buttons circled in red on the cabinet maker window In the pre made plan as you can see house plan 2.jpg (68kb) downloaded 3 time(s). circled in red the cabinet pulls are able to be moved around using the 4 buttons in the cabinet designer window I don't understand what you want me to do to be able to use the 4 buttons in the cabinet designer is it possible to give me a step by step so I can understand no hardware.jpg (62kb) downloaded 1 time(s). user lib.jpg (63kb) downloaded 1 time(s). as you can see i was unable to access the pull from my user library I'm not sure how to do this do i need to right click or shift or some other key stroke to make this work
Forum Host  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 2:31:50 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
As stated => send the pull to User Library => Edit the Pull => Apply the pull from the user library.

[email protected]