logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BradyLady2  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2022 7:57:05 AM(UTC)
BradyLady2

United States

I have been enjoying, once I got used to the changes from the old NextGen v. 17 I had, Essentials v. 21. The limited inventory doesn't bother me, since I can go to the custom worship and make whatever I want. And it's a lot easier to place doors now. I can change the opening angle and create double doors with a single click.

Unfortunately, my poor old geriatric PC is on its deathbed. It won't last out the weekend. We bought its replacement some time ago but wanted to make sure, before we pulled the plug on this one. That time has come. I'd like to know if I can transfer my software to the new (Windows 11) PC and if I can also transfer the object library I have created. The furnishings and materials I have marked as favorites, will that carry over too?

Thank you.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2022 4:46:26 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

I will divide my answer in two parts:

1 - Regarding the installation of the program in your computer. As a general concept, the Punch programs can be installed in a different computer, however, you'll need to check all the Win 11 and hardware information with tech support.

2 - Regarding the libraries. Yes, you can transfer all the libraries. Go to your User Library (Documents\Punch! Software\User Library) => select all the contents of this folder (including the databases)=> save the libraries (USB, cloud, etc) => once you install Punch in your new computer => paste the contents in your new User Library.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
BradyLady2 on 11/26/2022(UTC)
BradyLady2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2022 2:30:47 AM(UTC)
BradyLady2

United States

Just noticed I missed the autocorrect to "worship" when I meant "workshop." Oh well. BigGrin

Thank you for the help. I've backed up my document files for transfer, and I've sent a ticket to tech support about any compatibility issues I may need to know about.

I call it "playing doll house" since creating a house with Punch software activates the same areas in my brain as a doll house did when I was much younger. One of these days I hope to build a 3D scale model from a plan I created.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2022 3:47:52 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BradyLady2 Go to Quoted Post
Just noticed I missed the autocorrect to "worship" when I meant "workshop."
No problem, I understood the concept. BigGrin

Thank you for the help. I've backed up my document files for transfer, and I've sent a ticket to tech support about any compatibility issues I may need to know about.
You're welcome! When you get the information, you will be ready to start with Punch in the new computer.

I call it "playing doll house" since creating a house with Punch software activates the same areas in my brain as a doll house did when I was much younger. One of these days I hope to build a 3D scale model from a plan I created.
Nice! Cool

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store