logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
captain canuck  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 7:03:08 PM(UTC)
captain canuck

Canada

this is my first post so i hope i am doing this correctly.

i have the home & landscape design studio version 22.0.0.1015 using it on a pc.

i purchased the software to help primarily with landscaping design for my home however i also wanted to use it to help with some renovations i will be doing soon.

i started a new project using the quick start option, then hit continue on the top right as i wanted to use the floorplan trace option as i have the plans for my home. i traced out my whole home, inserting the windows and doors however my house is a bungalow with basement so the first floor actually is about 24" above the ground level so i wanted to add a basement.

this is where i am stuck. i can see if i used the custom project tab, there are some variables that i could set up in advance such as the number of floors and basement. i didnt use the custom project tab and now i can seem to figure out how i can add a basement to my existing plan that i have spend several hours doing..

is there a way i can do this? or do i have to start over, using the custom project tab then trace out my plans???

thanks for your help in advance...
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 12:06:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: captain canuck Go to Quoted Post
the first floor actually is about 24" above the ground level so i wanted to add a basement.
this is where i am stuck. i can see if i used the custom project tab, there are some variables that i could set up in advance such as the number of floors and basement. i didnt use the custom project tab and now i can seem to figure out how i can add a basement to my existing plan that i have spend several hours doing..
is there a way i can do this?

Yes, you can add a basement to your project.
Use the Working Floor button => open the drop-down menu => Add / Insert Floor => define the settings of the new floor position (particularly the elevations).
You will find more information about this concept in the section called "Working with Floors" (User Guide - Page 52).

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
captain canuck on 1/11/2023(UTC)
captain canuck  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 5:03:01 PM(UTC)
captain canuck

Canada

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

the first floor actually is about 24" above the ground level so i wanted to add a basement.
is there a way i can do this?

Yes, you can add a basement to your project.
Use the Working Floor button => open the drop-down menu => Add / Insert Floor => define the settings of the new floor position (particularly the elevations).
You will find more information about this concept in the section called "Working with Floors" (User Guide - Page 52).

Hope this helps.

OMG, i totally missed that there was a drop down menu there where it indicates the floor your working on, thank you Patricia.

i set up a basement, or at least i think i did. the reasoning was more to have my main floor off the ground level as it is at my house. i would say my main floor elevation is 24" from the ground. i dont think my plan is quite that but its good enough. cant seem to figure out how to raise it any more or how i did it in the first place adding the basement lol.

learning curves of new software.....
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 8:12:29 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
OMG, i totally missed that there was a drop down menu there where it indicates the floor your working on, thank you Patricia.

You're welcome! Cool

i set up a basement, or at least i think i did. the reasoning was more to have my main floor off the ground level as it is at my house. i would say my main floor elevation is 24" from the ground. i dont think my plan is quite that but its good enough. cant seem to figure out how to raise it any more or how i did it in the first place adding the basement lol.

This is why you must define the different elevations first. I'd recommend that you create an elevation organizer as the one in the image below and then, set the information in the Working Floor levels (this is from my eBook).

As you mentioned, Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important) => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components.

If you are interested, my eBook for Punch V22 for Windows includes lots of tutorials and a full chapter about how to create the different elevations. In addition, you will receive an interactive tutorial that outlines how to get started on your project.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store