logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

The answer depends of several factors.
Some tips:
- If you have an onboard video card you can't upgrade just the video card, because it is an integrated unit. In my opinion, onboard video cards and chipsets(almost all of them) have low performance for rendering purposes
- In my experience, just a better video card doesn't solve the issue--> you'll need a good "render set"--> good processor (3.0 GHz or up)+ plenty of memory (8 Gb or up) + a good videocard (1GB or up).
- You are not mentioning the current conditions of your computer and the new vc capabilities (there are Nvidia Quadro with different capabilities)
Video Card--> I'd recommend ATI Radeon (1 Gb or up)--> The ATI Radeon cards manufactured by HIS have a double deck cooling system and it works like a charm. The new Nvidia cards work fine, however, not all of the models work with full accelerations.

Video cards are mainly designed for games, and games require speed: if you need to kill the Mars warrior (in your game, of course ) you should kill it fast and you don't care about the thickness, height or specs of the wall behind the Mars warrior, right?. So, in a game speed comes first and precision after. In Punch is different, the walls' specs come first (precision) and this takes a toll in the speed.
This is why, for some issues, we recommend to run Punch with less acceleration in order to improve the precision and quality
However, most ATI cards (not all) have a driver called Catalyst. This driver seems to balance speed and precision.
Hope this helps,

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
haq, sullman  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
haq, sullman

Thanks for the answer Patrica

Was thinking of getting the P600 which uses Open GL and Cuda does Punch Architectural have the ability to off load to the card/GPU to improve performance and also will the card improve the rendered image produced

Thanks
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

You're welcome! :-)

As I stated, just a better video card doesn't solve any issue --> you'll need a good "render set".
As you probably know, this Forum is user to user (I am a Punch user like you) so we don't deal with hardware issues because we can't evaluate your computer conditions.
Please, contact technical support so they can check your system, limitations, etc..
http://support.encore.com/

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store