logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

Of course you can add any material, color or trim! :-)

As I stated in my previous post, Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
The User's Guide includes a Search function => this function will help you to find the answers => just write the desired keyword.
Applying Building materials => you will find this subject in the page 41 of the user guide.
Applying Paint and colors => you will find this subject in the page 38 of the user guide.
Applying Trims => you will find this subject in the page 37 of the user guide.
Anyway, the process is quite simple => open the Inspector => drag and drop these elements from the libraries.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Carillo, Gerianne  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Carillo, Gerianne

Thank you for your patient responses, Patricia.
Forgive me, but I do not see a place to enter a keyword for a search function on the manual. Can you direct?
I'm pretty computer savvy, but many of the things you describe are not apparent; for example, the videos are very limited to the simplest of tasks. I watched the videos for sloping of land and they only showed a very simple, single slope. They gave no guidance that I could find for something more complicated. The manual, also, is highly simplistic, and does not address more complicated issues.
I've given this program hours and hours of time. It seems like a very good program, but it's VERY hard to find answers to questions.
Thank you for whatever further guidance you might have to make this learning curve more tolerable!
Gerianne
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Gerianne,

You're welcome! :-)

In the Help menu, you've 2 options (as you can see in the first image attached) => you can write and search in the first option or open the User's Guide (manual)
The user's guide (manual) is a PDF file => opening the file in Preview, you will notice a Search filed on the top - right corner (outlined in red in the second image) => If you write a keyword on this field, the program will look for matches.

You are asking about more options for learning the program => if you are interested, you will find tutorials and more resources about this subject in my e-book Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
In the 3rd image attached, you can see an example of the topo explanation in my eBook.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store