logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

As you know, this Forum is user to user, therefore, as I am a Punch user (as you are), I can't tell you if you should buy another program or not. Perhaps, Punch TD can answer that question. You can contact Punch TD
http://support.encore.com/

Now, regarding the scale, there is not such thing as architectural / engineering scales (I am an Architect). There are architectural and engineering works => usually, the engineers working with plots, use 2D CAD programs like Autocad, for example. Punch is a 3D program so it uses other parameters.
IMO, 1:96 (1/8"=1') is a decent scale for a 3D plot => keep in mind the size of the plot (1000' x 1000') and the fact that Punch is a 3D program => the entire area must be rendered, therefore a scale of 1/20"=1' would not be possible for a Home Design program .

If your issue is just the printing scale, you can print to scale to PDF and set the scale in the PDF copy. Another option: export your Punch file to DWG and set the scale in CAD --> there are many free Cad programs in the web or you can download a trial version

Hope this helps

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
RCG  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
RCG

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for your response. I am still working my way through the manual and tutorials. When I zoomed out with the grid points shown, I was able to scale the outer edges to about where I set the property boundaries. However, I seemed to have placed the house and garage in the wrong location on the property. I will try moving things around next to see if this resolves my issues, along with your suggestions on printing. Currently, I cannot complete a landscape design on the entire property, which has been frustrating.

Bob
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Bob,

I will be glad to help --> detail the problem as specifically as possible, in order to understand the issue. Let me know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post

Perhaps the problem is not the scale but the zoom? => you can set it at 800%, if necessary
In addition, (this is just IMO) you will get better results if you create the contour of the lot --> place the house and garage --> develop the topography and landscape after

Another suggestion --> if you have the topography / landscape in the Landscape tab --> try to find the exact insertion point of the house and garage --> Go to the Floor tab --> select the house and garage --> Use the Move command or the arrow keys to place the building in the exact place

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store