logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

You mentioned that you can select it in 2D but you can't delete it. Can you describe what happens when you try to delete it? Is this toilet an object or a component?
You mentioned that you can select it in 2D but you can't select it in 3D. Can you describe what happens when you try to select it? Are you using the 3D selection tool? Remember that you can select items just on the active floor / tab. So, if you click on the object in live view and it doesn't become active in the plan, try with other level /tab (try all the levels independently of the level where the object seems to be)
I'd suggest to work with liveview / half view so you can control the plan and the live view at the same time.

Answering your question: yes, you can copy the floor to another plan. Just a suggestion: don't use "select all" because this step will include the "mystery object". Try to "lasso" the elements in the plan

If the above solutions don't work, try to post an image. If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post.

Also, please include the title, version, and platform you are using. On the PC you will find this info in the main menu->Help->About…

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
tommathome@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
tommathome@gmail.com

Thanks for the quick reply Patricia.
I'm using Home and Landscape Design v 17.7.1.1009 (recently upgraded from an ancient version.)
Using MS Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8
See links below for screenshots.
As you can see in the 3D views I have several of the planes. I assume one of them is the toilet object but not sure. I hope when I learn what I've done wrong with one plane (toilet) I'll know how to delete others as well.
When I hover the mouse pointer over the object, it is highlighted by a dashed box like any object. A couple of the screen photos show the box. Any key or mouse button pressed removes the dashed highlight box including keys for screenshots. Hence the photos. The highlight disappears also when the pointer leaves the box or hovers over another object inside the box. Hence no action can be taken on the object. If I select the entire 2nd floor the object is the only item NOT selected.
The split views are with 2nd floor selected and "view working floor only". With 1st or 3rd floor selected the planes disappear which I assume means the problems are specific to the 2nd floor. Some photos show the entire second floor deleted via "select all"/delete, which leaves the unselectable object only. If I lasso the entire 2nd floor I get the same result. The toilet can't be selected this way.
Attempting to select the planes in 3D view does nothing, except I CAN change the color. Yes I'm using the 3D selection tool.
I believe the toilet is a rogue object of some sort, not an element.
Since the problem objects can't be selected I thought possibly I could copy and paste the floors into another file. When I try that the "paste" commend is grayed out leading me to think it's not on the clipboard. This may be the most expedient workaround if you can tell me how to do it. I've tried every way I can find.
Your help with this is appreciated.
Link to screen photo:
https://onedrive.live.co...r?resid=2B452337E009C7AA!17986&authkey=!AKk_m1MCIyfVbTk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg
Link to screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/...RvNf8VnHV_wW3ydkVKa?dl=0
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Send me your file so I can check it.
Zip the file and email it to punchhelpers(at)punchhelpers.com

Patricia
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

For learning purposes:

I checked Tom's file: I was able to edit and delete the object using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool and now, the file seems OK.
Anyway, I sent the file to Punch for additional review

Patricia
tommathome@gmail.com  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
tommathome@gmail.com

Problem solved magically by you. That was a real time sink for me. You're awesome!
Tom
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Tom,

You're welcome! :-)

Patricia