logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Mike,

This is what you can do
Before you import the picture, use any image program (Photoshop or PSP or Corel Draw) and reduce the size of the plant to 3" (scaled with the picture you are using as background)--> then import it with the plant editor--> notice the growing size and rate--> create the plant in your library

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Mike

You're welcome! :-)

There is one fact to consider--> The objects and plants are generated with different tools, so, they follow different rules
In addition, if you are going to resize a table, for example, you just need to change dims but the look will be the same. But I guess that most of the plants change not only the size, but also the appearance, flowers.
Anyway, a "plant grower tool" would be nice !!!

Patricia
aloola  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
aloola

I have read some threads about resizing the plants in Home and Landscape Design software and understand that it is difficult or almost impossible to exactly to tell the program to make a certain plant on a plan look like it is 15 meters high and 8 m wide. But my problem is that the property that I am about to redesign has a lot of trees (around 50) of various sizes that are not going to be cut down. I want to include them in the Punch Landscape design model, but I don't to find instructions from neither help documentation nor this forum how to do it so that they have the correct dimensions (height and width) in the model. I tried to mess around with the plant growth speed, planting age and maximum height parameters but failed to reverse-engineer the algorithm that connects these so that I could make every plant the size that I want. Is there a reasonable work-around to my problem? I would like to do shadow analysis of the property before planting anything new. Patricia G. has suggested something in her Dec 7, 2007 1:29 post, but I fail to find exactly these commands in my version of the Punch software. If this problem does not have some kind of reasonable solution I will sadly return the software.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Aloola,

Can you include a link to the post?
Anyway, the Punch programs in 2007 were very different from the current programs

In order to modify the plants, you can import your own plants (Import --> Plat to library) and set your own dimensions

Patricia
aloola  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
aloola

Hello,

I tried to import a test plant into Home and Landscape Design Premium version 16.0.0 (with NexGen 3) and in the plant import wizard there is no possibility to set my own dimensions for the plant. See the screenshots of the wizard screens
here.

Should I try to do something differently to get to the dimensions setting screen?

Or should I conclude that there is no way of doing what I want in this version of the software?
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Did you check the image 4 of 5 that you linked? Is right there :-)
See attached
Just write the desired dimension and Custom growing rate

Patricia