logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi phxphun,

Sure, is very easy.
1 - when you insert the door--> click on the wall just once to insert the door--> when you first click the left button of the mouse to insert the door, the cursor becomes a a cross with four arrows--> moving it up / down / left / right --> you can select the right opening position / angle --> after the selection--> click again to confirm
2 - After you inserted the door, you can change the opening to suit your necessities by changing the swing angle (+ or -) in the Properties bar (right pane) and / or flipping the door, as you can see in the image attached
Don't forget to press enter after you change the angle

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
phxphun  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
phxphun

Thank you Patricia. Unfortunately, I think you have misread my question. I need to change the opening position of the FOLDING door, which does not seem to be working the same way as you have described for panel doors. I want to place 2 adjoining folding doors on my closets. I need to have 1 folding door open from its right side and the other open from its left side so that together they effectively open from the center of the closet wall opening.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi phxphun,

I see. As you wrote "hinge", I assumed that you meant hinged doors

Anyway, here is a trick --> if you draw the wall from the left to the right--> the door folds to the left--> if you draw the wall from the right to the left--> the door folds to the right
See attached

An additional idea for your closet--> you can use a set of double doors--> you can use the current set of pocket doors or design your own doors with the Door Designer power tool (unfortunately, you cannot create double folding doors)

Patricia
phxphun  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
phxphun

Thanks Patricia. I was able to create a four door folding-door by drawing two separate adjacent walls starting from opposite directions of each other and placing a single folding door on each wall. Considering the difficulty of working with wall snaps, this seemed like a lengthy work-around to accomplish such a basic requirement.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi phxphun,

You're welcome! :-)
As you are using AS5000--> you can activate / deactivate the different snap tools

Patricia
gdpollock  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
gdpollock

Hi Patricia:

I tried your workaround of drawing the wall from opposite directions. It seems to work just fine unless the walls end up being joined, in which case the software forces both walls to be the same direction (I noticed this for wall thickness, too - joined walls are forced to be the same thickness - you can't specify different wall thicknesses unless you separate the walls). So, it seems I need to draw disconnected walls in order to preserve direction so that this workaround works. Does that make sense? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Gerry
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Gerry,

When you draw 2 or more walls and you join them using the mouse, you will notice that they will "fuse", and instead of two or three different walls you will have a set of walls, with the same properties (thickness and shape included)
However, if you join them using the arrows (keyboard) the walls will be together, but they will not fuse so you will be able to set different properties

Patricia