logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Hi there,

If you click the little man icon in the live view screen => using your mouse => hold the left button => go forward / backward / left right. The mouse wheel will look up and down. The right button will change the elevation of the little man.
If you wish to visualize the second floor of your house, for example, and the floor elevation is 120" --> double click on the icon of the little man--> set the elevation at, for example, 160" (40 or 50"above of the floor elevation)
As you've my ebook, you can see these steps with images starting @ page 188.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
levina  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
levina

Hi I have a sloped lot at about 45 degrees. I am trying to install a deck with steps but i can\t seem to get the steps to match with the slope..any advice
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Use the stairs tool and set it with the same slope of the lot

Patricia
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
levina  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
levina

thanks//
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

You're welcome! :-)

Patricia
levina  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
levina

have the last version of your e book ..is there any advantage to buying your newest v.18..
also upgrading to architect series from premium home and landscape is it worth while? that is the only program it seems, to have everything that is covered in both the program on line help and your training books.

When I am trying to learn the custom workshop my program does not have the same colours as your training book and i keep getting lost and muddled. I am sure it s a great tool .. but learning it is difficult.

I have tried YOU TUBE to see if there is an actual video presentation to make it a little easier to follow..but so far no luck.

I like the rendered results form punch but don't seem to get the same resolution or effect you do in your presentation book. Would it have to do with my computer or the actual punch program
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Regarding your questions:

1 - You wrote "have the last version of your e book ..is there any advantage to buying your newest v.18.." => my answer => it depends. If you have and use a Punch program up to V17.7, the eBook Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition contains all the necessary elements. However, if you have a V18 program, you will need the eBook Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18

2 - You wrote "upgrading to architect series from premium home and landscape is it worth while " => my answer => Depends of your goals. The Architectural series is the best and most complete Punch program. Yes, all the elements are covered in my eBooks

3 - You wrote "When I am trying to learn the custom workshop my program does not have the same colours as your training book and i keep getting lost and muddled. I am sure it s a great tool .. but learning it is difficult." => my answer => in my eBook, I used random colors, they are not a specific feature. Although the 3DCW is not a tool that you will learn in 1 hour, in my experience, with practice you will be able to develop nice objects.
Did you check the video tutorial in the Training center (Help section of your program)?
If you are interested, I offer online training sessions about any Punch feature / topic as well as general training for Punch programs.

4 - You wrote "I like the rendered results form punch but don't seem to get the same resolution or effect you do in your presentation book. Would it have to do with my computer or the actual punch program " => my answer => all the Punch programs offer the "3D rendering mode", that provides a good rendering image. However, the Architectural Series programs offer the "Photo realistic rendering mode" that provides a rendering with superb quality.
Of course, both rendering modes depend of your design, textures, lighting as well as your computer's capabilities.
I am attaching a very basic design rendered using both options (3D rendering mode and Photo realistic mode) so you can compare both modes.
Hope this helps.

Patricia
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
NMhP  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

they will promote their books that work at times. open your 3d window use your left button and you can move w/ your mouse
Patricia G.  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

What do you mean?
Of course that the left button walks the little man, as it is explained in the manual.
Do you have problems with rendering or walking with the little man?
Please use the following guidelines when asking questions on the forum.

Please include the title, version, and platform you are using. On the PC you will find this info in the main menu->Help->About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu->About…

Post your question in the Forum's specific folder of your program. Old programs are in the Legacy section.

This Forum is pre-moderated, so be patient while the Moderator reviews and publishes your question. You don't need to post your questions again: duplicated posts will be deleted.

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post

Some issues can be related to hardware you are using. Please post any information you have on your system (operating system, video card, etc).

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition