logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi there,

The new V18 programs include a new resource to help with the display issues.
1 - Confirm if you V18 program is updated =>check the version number of your program => it should be 18.0.1.1001
If this is not the version number of your program, go to Help => check for updates.

2 - In the Main Menu, go to => Edit => Preferences => System => there is a slider with 3 positions that control the hardware accelerations.

By default, the program runs with full accelerations, but in certain situations (for example, onboard video cards, large files developed in a computer with low resources) it is better to decrease the hardware accelerations partially (slider in the middle position) or totally (slider in the middle position)

Try this resource and let us know if it solves the issue.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Speicher, Gwen  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Speicher, Gwen

Hi Patricia,
I already had the update, and acceleration settings made no difference. I fixed some issues by deleting broken walls and rebuilding them as half-hip walls. :)
The cathedral ceiling in my foyer is still causing problems. I added a 1/2" thick shed wall on the interior to cover up the exterior siding. (if there's a better way to do this, please let me know!) but now the foyer's angled ceiling texture (wood) is showing up on the exterior roof soffits (which should be white. Can this be fixed? I have a photo, but the option to attach it seems to have disappeared. Thanks again!
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Gwen,

If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post.
Anyway, I received the image you sent me.

This is what I see in your image: when you texture the bottom of a roof (ceiling), the program will cover with texture the entire roof piece, independently if this roof part is inside or outside of the house.
Therefore, in order to avoid this problem, you must develop a cathedral ceiling for the foyer, independent from the main roof.
As your program doesn't include the Ceiling Designer Power Tool, you can develop the cathedral ceiling with a gable roof (under the real roof) or creating a faux ceiling using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store