logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi J D

If you have Punch AS 4000 (V8 or V10) or AS 3000 V10 or IDS, you will find the Accessories icon in the floor tab (last icon, the green curtains)--> choose the accessory in the preview bar--> drag and drop--> on the desired windows--> resize the dimensions as necessary--> don't forget to press Enter in your keyboard after each change in the properties bar

For other versions, if they have not the Accessories tool, you should apply the accessories as a texture. Try these resources
1 - develop a faux wall with the size of the curtain shutters, etc--> put it in front of the window--> apply the accessory in live view
2 - develop a 2D shape with the help of the 3D workshop (a rectangle, for example) with the size of the curtain, shutters, etc--> set it in front of the window--> apply the accessory in live view

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Hudetz, Cindy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Hudetz, Cindy

Every time I try to put my draperies on my window, it fills the whole wall instead
Help
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I think that you are trying to insert the object in 3D mode. The accessories must be added in 2D (Floor plan).

Let's clarify some concepts so you will get a better idea of the issue and the solutions.
In Punch, you have objects, like chairs, tables, etc. And you have components and special objects, like doors, windows and accessories (shutters, curtains, etc)
The objects can be inserted in 2D or 3D.
The components and special objects should be inserted in 2D, attached to a wall => select the accessory (a curtain for example) => click on the center of the window => if the curtain is applied in the exterior part of the wall, just select it an drag it to the interior part of the wall.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
K, Diane  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
K, Diane

Hi, I have an older version of punch and made curtains in 5 min. I went to exterior accessories and chose an awning. in the workshop I viewed in 2D right. I then pulled it as thin as I could get it, viewed in 2D front view. I then ungrouped and deleted all but the panel, added a wall covering texture to it and saved. I then repeated all the steps but deleted all but the scalloped bottom of the awning, added the same texture and saved. In the floor plan, I imported these two objects and moved them to the window. I then had to adjust the elevation of the objects to fit the window.....Diane
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for posting this.
Some additional ideas to create new curtains (depending of your program / version).
1 - Power Tools--> Photoview editor => Import your picture => mask the picture (follow the Masking PhotoView Images instructions) => save you new picture (see attached)
2 - If you have a masked picture => Material Workshop => Import the masked picture => create a new texture with the picture, importing as accessory.
If you have the exact color, you can paint a current set of curtains using the Material Editor.
Of course, if you prefer, you can import a masked picture as accessory.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes