logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Hi there,

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post

Some issues can be related to hardware you are using. Please post any information you have on your system (operating system, video card, etc).

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
NMhP  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

I don't do two stories houses and, I have a project that is two stories and it's a mirror image at the left side to the right side So basically the houses share a firewall and the stairs was giving me problems.
I have read your book and your clips.
And I really don't know my running base or whatever
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Thank you for buying my eBook. Did you follow step by step the tutorial? (stairs' section => page 93 of my eBook)

Not sure what do you mean by "And I really don't know my running base or whatever". Please explain.

As I explained in my previous answer, I will be glad to help, however, unless you explain the issue in detail, I can't provide a solution.
Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post.

--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
NMhP  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

On page 194-97 of your book of Basic and Advanced Training you are talking about stairs
Rise
Run
Ok I'm confused because our our habitat houses there is a step and then platform "or landing" to the staircase and I need help with it because I seem to get more than I need for a L shape staircase
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

You mentioned that you have version 18 => Note that "Basic & Advanced Training" doesn't cover version 18 (covers up to V17.7)
Anyway, in the page 95, you will find an "L" staircase (as well as other shapes) and how to develop these elements.

NMhP  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

Do you support Premium because I doubt that you support the Home and Landscape V17 "the green box". The reason why I upgraded my software to Premium because I actually had thought that I would get more support and other things along with it . Also another note does your suppliers like Daltile allow punch users to get current materials to keep them up to date because it doesn't really make sense to have a catalog that products and it's not really available anymore.
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I think that there are several subjects mixed in your post.

Regarding Punch Software:
1 - Premium defines a software title, not the version number. So, in the past we had (for example) Premium V16, Premium V17, Premium V17.5, etc. Current version is V19.
According with your previous emails, you have Premium V18.
This Forum is user to user, so you can ask questions about any program or any version.

Regarding Pat's eBooks:
As there are different Punch versions' numbers, with different features, I wrote (and write) eBooks covering the different versions' numbers. You can learn more about the different titles and versions in my e-books page: Pat's e-books at Punchhelpers

Regarding the tiles: for this issue, you should contact directly with the Technical Support
http://support.encore.com/

NMhP  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

>Thanks for the clarification, I want to be clear if we learn things. If we are giving ideas that possible new vision of punch software with some new features and, new content that users can download the partner content publishers. "That punch has listed Kahrs flooring, for example, so Punch would have the option to get Kahrs currently item or other add-ons i.e. the content packs if those offer more products that I'm planning to purchase later on this year. (I had mentioned it on another note as I can't find the post that I'm referring to make it easier for Pat or whoever see this first or whatever and that concerns me.) I would like to propose a new face that'll be more user-friendly. I'm trying bringing this to attention to add a users corner that We would find our current and our past discussions faster v.s. Trying to look for our current thread is confusing. I saw the note of bookmark threads while I was trying to find this one.....(Last note I hope I'm not coming off as an annoying user )

thanks

NMPH (Tyler)
Patricia G.  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

You're welcome! :-)

Materials: yes, you can download and use the content of any manufacturer in your Punch user library => in your program, use => File => Import => Material to library.

You can find your old messages just using the Search button and using your name as keyword. For example, create a search using "NMhP" as keyword => all your posts will be listed.

I know that Punch will replace this old Forum, but I am not sure when.

NMhP  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

>That's great to hear but the real question is how do we obtain theses downloads through software updates through http://patches.punchsoftware.com/ or we've to wait for them?
Patricia G.  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

The additional materials are not a patch, they are "personalized features". Each user has different needs. so we can add just the materials we need.
For example, you mentioned that you need more Daltile tiles. Say you wish to add the Mosaic tiles, so you go to: http://products.daltile.com/catalog.cfm?c=20 => download the desired textures => Open your Punch Software => File => Import => Material to library.
More about this in the User's guide.

NMhP  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

>What page do you cover it?

thanks

NMPH (Tyler)
Patricia G.  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Do you mean in my eBooks?

As you have V18, you will need my all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18 => in this eBook => check page 259.

NMhP  
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

Since we are talking about materials, I had thought that premium and up had an option to add glass to the windows?
thanks

NMPH (Tyler)
Patricia G.  
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

The Punch windows are 100% transparent and by default, they don't include glass. However, there are several resources to add opaque surfaces.
Note that the glass blocks, stained glass, etc. are just textures, therefore you need a surface to apply the textures.

Some options:
1 - In your program, go to Custom Windows => Fixed => the 3rd window includes an opaque pane. Insert the window in your design => texture the opaque pane with glass or glass block.
I used these windows in this image http://www.punchhelpers.com/residential2.html
2 - Open the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool => create a 2D surface and insert it inside the window. The good thing about this option is that you can control the transparency.

NMhP  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

>I seem to get my stair long or very short I need ten steps, and I seem to get stair throw to the second floor but, still getting my subfloor and no opening Can I send you the punch file, please
NMPH (Tyler)
Patricia G.  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I don't need to see the file.
1 - Length => select the desired height and the number of steps will be defined automatically. Or select the desired length of the stair using the arrow with the # symbol (Custom length)
2 - Opening for the stairs => in the Floor tab => click on the triangle next to the floor tool => select "Floor Cutout Tool" => outline the desired shape for the opening.

NMhP  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

> I have tried it
Patricia G.  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Great! :-)
Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

NMhP  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
NMhP

I got the plan from the builder so can you please look at it so you help me?