logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi cathyka,

It depends of the feature / Power Tool and the format of the file

1 - If you wish to trace a floorplan: use Design--> Load Floorplan trace image--> open the .bmp or jpg or etc plan--> OK--> Trace walls, floors, etc

2 - If you wish to insert a picture with Photoview: use this feature--> Power tools--> Photoview--> File name --> open. You can import pictures to be used in liveview. In the plan you will see a line (the "board" where the picture is) and in live view you will see a background, house, etc

3 - As you are in the 3D workshop section--> are you are trying to import a 3DS object?

If you provide more info, we'll help you

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
rthomps  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
rthomps

I have a 2d floor plan of my house that is a *.jpg and *.tif file. The *.jpg file opens but there is not enough detail to trace it; i.e. the fine details are joined into one blury line. Using Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0, I was able to open the tif and jpg files, with no problem. The tif is 4 MB, so I saved it as a wbmp, png, and psd file. Neither file will open in the program. I then used Visio to open the tif, and converted it to dwg and dxf; which appears is not supported by this version. I have contacted Punch, and sent the jpg & tif, but have not heard back from them yet. At this point, I'm ready to return the software. The OS is Windows XP, 2nd service pack, 2 gb of RAM. Suggestions?
Thanks!
Ralph
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Ralph,

I will be glad to help, however, I'd need some additional info.
- Are you trying to import / trace to the main program or to the 3D Workshop? (I am asking because you are in the 3D workshop section of the Forum)
You wrote -> "converted it to dwg and dxf; which appears is not supported by this version" --> can you tell us what version are you using?

Just as a quick start (for the main program)
- If you have a scanned image (jpg, bmp, etc) you can use the Design--> Load trace image to import and trace the image
- If you have a DXF or DWG file and you have a V6 or up version--> Power Tools--> DXF / DWG importer--> Select the lines--> Convert to

If you experience problems importing the DXF / DWG file, follow this tutorial in my website
http://www.punchhelpers.com/acadtutorial.html

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store