logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi,

Nice work!

Thank you for share it with us!

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
JenniferWare  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
JenniferWare

Just wanted to let you know it looks amazing!!! I've been tweaking our floor plan on our victorian remodel and after what you said about your wife's reaction am now getting ready to do my own model. Is that thin foam board you used?
jlange  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
jlange

Thanks for the comments! I'll check out the Puncher's Gallery.

To answer the question, I used AS 18. Although I started out with Punch! Super Home Suite and upgraded as each new release became available. I believe I recreated the whole design from scratch (after the first model) in Professional Platinum and only minor tweaking in AS 18.

This worked out well since I rebuilt the plan with the model in mind from the beginning. In my first model I had a few "impossible" to build situations (walls that passed through each other or floors and walls that weren't touching). In the redesign, I made sure that all surfaces that I knew must be glued met properly, which was pretty easy to do in the LiveView (slightly overlapping was ideal, since I could always trim the foam board).

I used 3/16 inch foamboard for the floors (I wanted 1/4", but couldn't find any) and 1/8" foam board for the walls. I used white craft glue (Tacky Glue) and sometimes hot glue (works great, but gives you almost zero working time).
jlange  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
jlange

I can't find Puncher's Gallery. Can you post a URL or the navigation from the home page?