logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmarvel12  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
kmarvel12

United States

Hello- I am new to the software and to the Forum. I have completed a design and when I view the floorplan in 3D it looks fine. (see pic 1)floor plan. But when I try to use the 3D view fly around view, I get a "roof" on the plan (see pic2) Fly Around. I have removed the side walls and sort of get what I want but the flooring disappears and the "roof" is opaque. I have tried the cutaways to no avail. Spending way too many hours trying accomplish a cutaway view with the interior rooms showing. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 2:02:48 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: kmarvel12 Go to Quoted Post
when I try to use the 3D view fly around view, I get a "roof" on the plan

It is not a "roof" => you are visualizing the ceilings of each room.

You can choose if you wish to show or not the ceilings and / or floors.
For example, in the image attached, you can see two rooms. If you click inside the room, it will become yellow and the Properties Bar will be activated.
If you uncheck the option "Show Ceiling" (pointed with a red arrow in the image) the ceiling becomes invisible (just in the room selected)

Notice that when you visualize the plan using room view or you create a cross section (top to bottom) the ceilings are not visible.
Show Ceiling2.jpg (81kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. See links below (in my signature).
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks