logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Toulousaing  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:37:40 PM(UTC)
Toulousaing

France

Hi Patricia et al,

Looks like you are the author of the eBook I just purchased :-)

I'm a new user and I'm wondering where I could post general questions not specifically related to a given software version?

Actually, my first question is the following one:

I purchased a few days ago a SW named Architecte 3D Ultimate (v19.0.8.1022) in French. I discovered that this sw seems to have many different names and many different Editors around the Planet (Micro Application "3D Architect", Avanquest "Architecte 3D", Encore LLC "Architect 3D" and Punch! "Home&Landscape Design").
Are all these software the same one?
Which one of yours here in this forum is "mine"?

As the French Avanquest forum is dead (no new registration available : error message and no answer from the Support), I found an English Speaking forum at https://www.myarchitect3d.com/discussion. Is this a place similar to yours in here?

So many questions, motivated by the fact that the French version has just been awfully translated (I'm an IT engineer since 35 years), the doc translated to French is just BS (and wrong sometimes, and gives instructions on how to change the color depth with Windows XP no kidding), and the training videos obsolete.

Please help, I'm lost (and in the process of proofing the French doc from the English one, courtesy Avanquest France).

I did purchase your TrainingToolsandTutorialsV20forWin.pdf book, unfortunately I run V19. I have requested the vendor to send me a link to the v19 version of your book, maybe they will reply...

Warm regards,
Didier aka Toulousaing

EDIT : thanks for moving my post! Cool
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:57:23 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Toulousaing,

Originally Posted by: Toulousaing Go to Quoted Post

Looks like you are the author of the eBook I just purchased :-)

Thank you for buying my eBook! BigGrin

I'm a new user and I'm wondering where I could post general questions not specifically related to a given software version?

"Forum Host" just moved your question to this section that includes miscellaneous software.

I purchased a few days ago a SW named Architecte 3D Ultimate (v19.0.8.1022) in French. I discovered that this sw seems to have many different names and many different Editors around the Planet (Micro Application "3D Architect", Avanquest "Architecte 3D", Encore LLC "Architect 3D" and Punch! "Home&Landscape Design").

Encore Software is the developer of Punch software. They license their programs to other companies (as Avanquest for example) that customize and resell the programs with their names. Some programs are similar but not exactly the same. This is why each company runs its own tech support, forum, etc. This forum supports Punch! software by Encore.

As the French Avanquest forum is dead (no new registration available : error message and no answer from the Support), I found an English Speaking forum at https://www.myarchitect3d.com/discussion. Is this a place similar to yours in here?

Did you try this forum?

So many questions, motivated by the fact that the French version has just been awfully translated (I'm an IT engineer since 35 years), the doc translated to French is just BS (and wrong sometimes, and gives instructions on how to change the color depth with Windows XP no kidding), and the training videos obsolete.

Did you try to post a ticket asking for assistance?

Please help, I'm lost (and in the process of proofing the French doc from the English one, courtesy Avanquest France).

What do you mean? Confused

I did purchase your TrainingToolsandTutorialsV20forWin.pdf book, unfortunately I run V19. I have requested the vendor to send me a link to the v19 version of your book, maybe they will reply...

For sure, they will exchange the V20 eBook for the V19 eBook.

Hope this helps!

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Toulousaing  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:16:48 PM(UTC)
Toulousaing

France

Hi Pat (may I call you Pat?)

a) Yes, I posted in the Avanquest Support Forum. They did reply a few minutes ago: this forum will be closed for Users Support questions on how to use the sw, and will be changed to a specific forum related to issues on licence keys, sells and such. They suggested that I use the French version of the Punch! support forum at www.architecte3d.com/discussion (which is broken as I said).

b) "ask for assistance via a ticket?" No, not my way. I had chance and honor to work for Digital Equipment Corp aka DEC many years ago, and did learn to RTFM before asking questions (but when the FM is a genuine FM, I go to forums...) Laugh

c) my ex-wife is a translator, I'm a (retired) IT professional, I proofread her work for years. Reading a bad translation just jumps to my eyes, so I asked Avanquest to give me the US version of the v19, they kindly sent it to me and now I'm correcting the French version of the pdf from the US one.

d) I did get your v19 eBook from Encore. Thanks for that work. More that 450 pages, what a piece of writing!

A bonus question: Should I send the revised Users Guide (for v19) in French to Avanquest (and they will probably delete my mail before reading) or to Encore, to be forwarded "officially" to Avanquest?

Regards,

Didier
aka PRSTSC::DTL

PS: you didn't answer the question about my sw equivalence in Punch! Land. I suppose Avanquest Achitecte 3D Ultimate is your "Punch! Home&Landscape Design Architectural Series" or "Punch! Home&Landscape Design Professional"?
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:09:52 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Hi Pat (may I call you Pat?)

Of course you can!BigGrin

c) my ex-wife is a translator, I'm a (retired) IT professional, I proofread her work for years. Reading a bad translation just jumps to my eyes, so I asked Avanquest to give me the US version of the v19, they kindly sent it to me and now I'm correcting the French version of the pdf from the US one.
A bonus question: Should I send the revised Users Guide (for v19) in French to Avanquest (and they will probably delete my mail before reading) or to Encore, to be forwarded "officially" to Avanquest?

IMHO, it is a waste of time. Believe me, you are not the first to try this translation / send idea: they don't accept any French text other than their French texts. Angry
I don't think that Encore will contact Avanquest in any way about the guide (I don't think they are allowed).

d) I did get your v19 eBook from Encore. Thanks for that work. More that 450 pages, what a piece of writing!

Thank you! Glad to know that Encore changed your eBook.ThumpUp

PS: you didn't answer the question about my sw equivalence in Punch! Land. I suppose Avanquest Achitecte 3D Ultimate is your "Punch! Home&Landscape Design Architectural Series" or "Punch! Home&Landscape Design Professional"?

Yes, I did => see below (highlighted)
Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post

Encore Software is the developer of Punch software. They license their programs to other companies (as Avanquest for example) that customize and resell the programs with their names. Some programs are similar but not exactly the same. This is why each company runs its own tech support, forum, etc. This forum supports Punch! software by Encore.

If you wish to compare the different Punch tiles, you can see this chart. Now, I can't compare the Punch tiles with the Avanquest titles because I don't know the contents of the current Avanquest titles (I saw a few titles many years ago).

Toulousaing  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:23:48 PM(UTC)
Toulousaing

France

Ok, mine is the Archi Series: 20 floors.
Comparison chart for Avanquest is here: https://www.myarchitect3d.com/ (in English, we aim to please)
There is a very famous forum over here for Archi sw: http://escargot-archi.eu/forum, I'll post "my" doc in there when it's finished.
Bye for now, talk to you later Cool
Thanks again for everything.
Love.
D.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:39:50 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

You're welcome for my help Smile

There is a very famous forum over here for Archi sw: http://escargot-archi.eu/forum, I'll post "my" doc in there when it's finished.

The link is not working. Anyway, keep in mind that the guide is copyrighted, so, I don't think that translating / republishing the guide is a good idea.

Thank you for liking my FB page! Smile