logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris CTKD  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:35:14 PM(UTC)
Chris CTKD

United Kingdom

Hi guys. We do a lot of development work using a EPS/concrete sip panel and it would be really good if we could create a wall type that could handle this. at present we change the framing type to concrete wall insulated load bearing, we set stud spacing to 1.2m to represent the sheet width and visually that is fine. However in estimator, we get a concrete m3 requirement when it would be better for us to have a quantity of panels etc as would be generated if it were a wood shell. So long winded question to say is there another wall type we can create with the elements and add to punch or some other work around for ICF and SIP panels?

many thanks

Chris
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:42:14 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

although there isn't a direct option to define Insulating concrete forms / Structural insulated panels, there are several workarounds set these structures.

I have 3D different types of ICF elements in my Collection 2 available in this page of my website

Some tips:
1 - When you define the framing properties (walls) => set the material as Blocks with / without foam => as you are defining the thickness, you can set the price of the concrete blocks by m2 or sq.ft.
2 - I developed several projects using these type of structures => I created the modules using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool => you can see a plan defined with these modules => check the last image of this page.

Hope this helps
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store