logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kkaul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:35:51 PM(UTC)
kkaul

United States

I can't find a way to create a simple gable roof that comes down to the top of the 2nd floor on the east but goes all the way down to the first floor on the west. I've several times pulled the endpoints of the west side panel down to meet the 1st floor walls, which works, but it goes back to the original (symmetrical) roof as soon as I move away from that screen (i.e., to do something else in the design). Help appreciated :)

Note by Forum Host: Update was moved as a separated post
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:38:11 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: kkaul Go to Quoted Post
I can't find a way to create a simple gable roof that comes down to the top of the 2nd floor on the east but goes all the way down to the first floor on the west.

In order to create an irregular roof, use the Four Points Free Hand Roof (Wall Assist) Tool or just the Free Hand Roof Tool (page 176 of the user guide) => create the shapes => set the elevations.

it goes back to the original (symmetrical) roof as soon as I move away from that screen (i.e., to do something else in the design).

If your automatic roofs are activated => Check the settings => by clicking on the exterior part of the exterior walls you will see a yellow band => click on the band => Properties bar => Roof options (pointed with a bue arrow in the image below) => the settings menu will open => the option "Automatically Regenerates Panels" must be deactivated (outlined in red in the image below).

Roof options.jpg (35kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Some Tips: Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
You will find free tutorials in my Website and Facebook page
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. This is the link for the V19 for Mac eBook. Also see link to my eBook page below, in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
kkaul on 1/24/2019(UTC)
Forum Host  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:28:42 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello kkaul,

I am creating this post with the Update that you posted.

UPDATE: I found a way to draw the two separate roof panels using the freeform roof tool. But every time I move away from to do something else, the program automatically adds an aditional hip roof on top of the one I just designed. I uploaded a picture but am not sure it got attached.

Your picture was not attached. In order to post pictures, please, follow these instructions => How to Post Images in the Forum
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:40:09 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

UPDATE: I found a way to draw the two separate roof panels using the freeform roof tool. But every time I move away from to do something else, the program automatically adds an aditional hip roof on top of the one I just designed.

Did you see my second answer? (the sentence above that starts with "If your automatic roofs are activated")

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store