logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JamArchitect  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:03:09 AM(UTC)
JamArchitect

United States

Hi, I am having trouble understanding the ceiling designer and I am trying to make any of the rectangle, circle, polygon, or multigon ceiling designs but there is no borders that connect it to the original ceiling height. And also for the gable, hip, barrel, and dome ceilings do you have to create a cutout the floor or unshow the ceiling to see the ceiling designs ? And also on the coffered templates is there any way to enlarge those designs. Also I don't understand how the insert height design works could you please make a video showing how everything works and build a design like the example. Thank you

A example UserPostedImage
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:13:38 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

You don't need to create cutouts to visualize the ceilings => in order to visualize the ceilings developed with the Ceiling Designer, you can choose if you wish to show or not the ceilings and / or floors. For example, in the image below, you can see two rooms. If you click inside the room, it will become yellow and the Properties Bar will be activated.
If you uncheck the option "Show Ceiling" (pointed with a red arrow in the image) the ceiling becomes invisible (just in the room selected)

Show Ceiling2.jpg (81kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

Not sure what do you mean by "there is no borders that connect it to the original ceiling height.".

Coffered ceilings are templates so you can edit them.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components. In the manual, you will find information about the Ceiling Designer Power Tool, staring in the page 323.
You will find free tutorials in my Website and Facebook page
If you are interested, this is the link for the V20 eBook for Windows. My eBook includes a chapter with tutorials about the Ceiling Designer Power Tool. If you have another version, see a link to my eBooks page below, in my signature.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store