logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mmanley  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 9:52:37 PM(UTC)
mmanley

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi. I am having an elevation issue. My whole house is sitting above the basement wall with space in between. Originally I took a sample plan and customized it to how I wanted it. I am now knee deep in this design and I cannot figure out why my house is sitting up high. I know one fix is to adjust the object elevation on every wall and object but that isnt what I want to do. I have pulled up the my custom plan and compared it with the original sample plan that I borrowed. All of the Object Elevations are the same the wall sizes are the same for each floor. I dont see any differences between the two designs in regards to that matter. Please help. ElevationScreenshot.PNG (279kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:27:09 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

This is clearly an elevation problem => First, you need to create the different levels and define the height and elevation for each floor => select each floor => Edit current floor => verify if the base elevation of the current floor is correct (pointed with a red arrow in the image below). Also confirm if the Auto elevation is activated (outlined in black in the image below)

Edit Current Floor 3.jpg (37kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

In addition, you will find free tutorials in my Website and Facebook page
Check my galleries to see different images, styles, etc.
If you are interested, this is the link for the V20 eBook for Windows. My eBook includes several tutorials about starting and developing a project, setting floors and elevations, etc.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store