logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CyrilB  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:33:01 PM(UTC)
CyrilB

United States

Hi, I am a relatively new at using these programs. I am using Home and Landscape Design Premium Ver. 18. My daughter just built a new home and I am trying to re-create it as close as possible with Punch. I created the outside walls and some interior ones from memory and guesstimated dimensions and placed windows and doors on the walls I created. This weekend I was able to obtain the actual room measurements as far as wall sizes and spacing between windows, doors, etc. I tried to incorporate those dimensions into my drawing using a wall break so that I could re-designate the size to match the actual measurements but I'm guessing I'm either using the wrong procedure or not understanding something or many things because I couldn't make it happen. I basicly want to re-dimension everything in my drawing, one dimension at a time, to correspond to the actual dimensions of the house. Maybe this is not possible, but if it is I would greatly appreciate any help to get me on the right track. I do much better seeing by example than reading and trying to make it happen so a basic example (how to) would probably go a long way. Thank you in advance for any help.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:43:19 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

There are several resources:

- You can adjust the walls position manually moving the walls with the arrow keys or using Edit => Move => type the exact distance.
- You can set the exact dimension selecting the wall using the arrow with the # sign (outlined in green in the image attached) => point a wall with this tool => write the desired length.
- You can draw a wall with the exact length using the "Wall (Custom Length)" tool (outlined in red in the image attached) => select the tool => write the desired length.
- You can remove the unnecessary wall breaks using the "remove point tool" (the dot with the minus sign outlined in blue in the image attached).

If you are interested, I have an eBook for V18 users, with hundreds of images, tutorials, etc.

Wall Custom Length Methods.jpg (37kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store