logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dwlaux  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:32:14 PM(UTC)
dwlaux

United States

I just upgraded from V19 to V20 and have two issues. First, I designed a custom roof and then when I modify or add a wall, the software adds a second roof, like it is in auto roof mode. Very frustrating because I searched everywhere I could think of to turn off an auto roof mode and can't find anything. Second, I want to add soffits and add vents to them...but I can't find anything on soffits. Can anyone help? Thx!
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:20:07 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: dwlaux Go to Quoted Post
I designed a custom roof and then when I modify or add a wall, the software adds a second roof, like it is in auto roof mode.

In order to turn off the auto roof, you need to define the Auto-Roof Properties, as detailed in the User Guide, page 183.

I want to add soffits and add vents to them.

You can create the soffits with the floor tool => set the desired thickness and elevation.
Vents are in the HVAC tab and in the Furnishing library.

Very frustrating because I searched everywhere I could think of to turn off an auto roof mode and can't find anything.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

In addition, you will find tutorials and resources in my Website and Facebook page

If you are interested, this is the link for the V20 eBook for Windows. My eBook includes several tutorials about starting and developing a project, setting roofs and elevations, etc.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
dwlaux  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:12:09 PM(UTC)
dwlaux

United States

Thank you for your great help. When I was using V19 I always used auto roofing. When I upgraded I had to do a custom roof and didn't make the connection of selecting the blue border around the outer walls to get to the auto roof properties window. As far as the soffits, it would be nice maybe in a later version to have an actual soffit builder rather than using the floor tool. Again, thx!
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:21:38 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

You're welcome! ThumpUp

Actually, the automatic soffit created lots of issues, for example with gable roofs. With the floor tool, you just set the soffit where you need it. Just my opinion. BigGrin
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store