logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SINCLAIR, THOMAS  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 6:54:30 PM(UTC)
SINCLAIR, THOMAS

United States

How do I adjust my design to fit the contours and elevations of the property without going back to ground zero? The topography declines at a rate of 1.25 in per foot levels out at 52 ft. for another 50 ft. then continues down another 50 ft. The elevation change from the top is 18.5 ft. How do I flatten the building slope? Thanks
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 7:25:12 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

I will be glad to help but I am not sure if I am visualizing the situation correctly. Can you share an image of the issue?

How to post images in the Forum

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
SINCLAIR, THOMAS  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 12:38:55 AM(UTC)
SINCLAIR, THOMAS

United States

BigGrin How do I adjust my design to fit the contours and elevations of the property without going back to ground zero? The topography declines from left to right at a rate of 1.25 inches per foot levels out at an elevation of 52 ft. for another 50 ft. maybe. then the lot continues down another 50 ft. at the same rate as stated earlier. The elevation change from the top to the bottom of the lot is 18.5 ft. How do I flatten the building outline to accommodate the slope? By the way, placing the property lines and layout based on the coordinates provided by the City in Version 21 is not as easy as version 18.Thanks

3703 Friendsview Dr. House Plan II Above the Slope.jpg (124kb) downloaded 4 time(s). 3703 Friendsview Dr. House Plan II 2D Layout.jpg (192kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:19:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: SINCLAIR, THOMAS Go to Quoted Post
How do I adjust my design to fit the contours and elevations of the property without going back to ground zero? The topography declines from left to right at a rate of 1.25 inches per foot levels out at an elevation of 52 ft. for another 50 ft. maybe. then the lot continues down another 50 ft. at the same rate as stated earlier. The elevation change from the top to the bottom of the lot is 18.5 ft. How do I flatten the building outline to accommodate the slope?

Use two separated slopes and a Build Pad to flat the terrain.
As you have my eBook, you can see examples on pages 108 to 111.
Also see the tutorials on pages 280 and 281.

Originally Posted by: SINCLAIR, THOMAS Go to Quoted Post
By the way, placing the property lines and layout based on the coordinates provided by the City in Version 21 is not as easy as version 18.

They work in the same way.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store