logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Molly Kate  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 2:46:18 PM(UTC)
Molly Kate

United States

I am using Essentials v21. Is there a way to "lock" a plan? I don't want to accidentally move/nudge/delete something when viewing the plan, especially once the homeowner has been giving copies for building purposes.

Thank you
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 3:29:21 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Unfortunately, the programs don't include a "lock" feature (although I asked it to the programmers BigGrin ).

This is what I do in order to check and confirm the information: first I create a "security copy" of the file, so you can always return to the basic information.
Then export a 2D image of the plan (jpg, png, etc) => import this 2D image of the plan as trace image => scale it => by activating the trace image, you will be able to verify any unexpected change.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
Molly Kate on 4/7/2022(UTC)
Molly Kate  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 5:53:53 PM(UTC)
Molly Kate

United States

The export feature is what I will do. Thank you.

Am I allowed to ask another question on this thread? If not, ignore it.

The homeowner told me the walls of the basement would be 8" which is how I drew it. Now the subcontractor said that three walls will be 10" and the walkout side will be 6". When I change one of the existing exterior 8" walls to 10", they all change, which is fine. But when I choose the wall that is to be 6" and change it, it changes all of the walls to 6". This is a finished plan with basement and first floor. Do I have to delete walls and redraw?
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 7:59:39 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: Molly Kate Go to Quoted Post
The export feature is what I will do. Thank you.
You're welcome! Cool

Am I allowed to ask another question on this thread? If not, ignore it.
We always ask our users to start another thread for a different subject, so other users can search by title. Anyway, I am answering your question here.

The homeowner told me the walls of the basement would be 8" which is how I drew it. Now the subcontractor said that three walls will be 10" and the walkout side will be 6". When I change one of the existing exterior 8" walls to 10", they all change, which is fine. But when I choose the wall that is to be 6" and change it, it changes all of the walls to 6". This is a finished plan with basement and first floor. Do I have to delete walls and redraw?

Important concepts:
1 - in Punch, the exterior walls must be an enclosed perimeter. In this enclosed perimeter, the walls share the thickness.
2 - if you have two walls and you join them using the arrows of your keyboard, you are connecting the walls => this means that the walls are together but they are independent => they don't share the properties and work as 2 separated walls.
3 - if you have two walls and you join them using the mouse, you are merging the walls => this means that the walls are fused => they share the properties (including thickness) and they work as only one wall.
Note that exterior walls should be fused.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and effects .

If you are interested, my eBook for the V21 programs includes several tutorials about this subject.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store