logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gargoyle  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2022 11:41:42 PM(UTC)
gargoyle

United States

Home Design Studio 21, Version 21.0.8 (210907.1)

Ia am attempting to draw a gambrel roof, with short height, steep pitch lower sections. I am able to adjust the pitch and angle, but I cannot get the height of the section as short as I would like. Is there anyway to control this aspect?

Thanks

Elevation.jpg (35kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2022 4:17:23 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

You need to draw the different elements as freehand roofs and set the elevations separately.

For more information, check the section called "Drawing a Gambrel Roof" in the user Guide (page 270)

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important) => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components.

If you are interested, my eBook for Punch V21 for Mac includes lots of tutorials and a full chapter about roofs, with 21 different type of roofs, including gambrel (roof and walls).

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
gargoyle  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2022 4:02:42 AM(UTC)
gargoyle

United States

I had been doing this, but it was not making any difference. I don't know exactly what has happened. I quit the App overnight thinking it might be a memory glitch of some kind. Quit the App yesterday, and made another attempt this afternoon, It still did not work. Quit Home Design 21, opened the file up in FloorPlan 2021, and it worked there. (I ended up with both, by not realizing the difference/similarities of the two.)

Concerning the eBook you recommend, I am including screenshots of the first page of two that I have already purchased. The FloorPlan version seems that it may be very similar to your recommendation, but with variations. The Home Design 21 version, does not appear to be the same as the recommended, as it only has 226 total pages, or maybe it is an older version.

Thanks Floorplan 2021.png (110kb) downloaded 0 time(s). Punch! V21 Mac.png (117kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2022 1:40:44 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

The FloorPlan programs and the Punch programs are similar but they are not identical. The titles are different.
As the contents are different, the User Guides are different. The Punch User Guide includes 483 pages. If your guide includes less pages, please, contact Tech Support so they can send you a new guide.
Note that your screenshot of Punch V21 for Mac is the Program's User Guide => it is not one of my eBooks.

Regarding my eBooks, I am the author of all the eBooks. In the FloorPlan for Mac V2021 eBook, the the gambrel / Dutch roof is shown on page 77.

Glad to know that the problem is solved.Cool
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store