logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Hi Paul,

Not directly but there are workarounds to insert doors or windows within 2 levels
(see image attached) Divide the wall in 3 segments (left, center and right)--> set the door in the central segment, with the width and height of the door only --> for the left and right segments--> set the two levels (that will show the different colors/textures - in red / green in the image)--> in the second floor adjust the settings (height and elevation ) of the wall over the door --> in orange in the image--> texture as necessary

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
DonnaM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
DonnaM

Hi Paul, there are various work-arounds to place a window/door between 2 floors. Because the window/door on the 1st floor is unable to cut into the a wall on the floor above it and because a window/door on the 2nd floor is unable to cut into a wall on the floor below it, you have no choice but to perform a work-around.

In most version, if you put a window in a wall and raise the window above the wall, as shown in the 1st image, an unwanted strap runs across the window. This is the top of the wall and does not become invisible within the window.

In the following steps I put the window in the top floor and drop the window down as shown in the 2nd image. BUT, both walls on each floor have to be broken.

1. Draw your basement walls and lower them into the ground where you want them. I have about 2 ft showing above.

2. Using the break wall tool, break the wall at 2 points larger than the width of the window. You can adjust these points afterwards. It's just easier to work with a larger wall width when you are trying to put your window in. See #1 in image.

3. Highlight the section you broke and adjust the height of this wall to to stop where you think the bottom of the window will be.

4. Go to the 2nd floor and draw your walls.

5. Break the wall where your window will go. Raise the wall and adjust the height. See #2 in image.

6. Place your window in this break and drop the elevation down. See #3 in the image.

7. Adjust your points. In other words highlight just one break point on the breaks and with your arrow keys move the points to line up with your window.

8. Your basement window and 2 floors should look like the 3rd illustration in the image.

DonnaM
Punch! Alternatives
Kennoll  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Kennoll

Anyone successful in placing a window in a shower wall?
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Sure. I am not sure why you can't place it?
Can you provide more information?

Please use the following guidelines when asking questions on the forum:
http://forums.punchsoftware.com/WebX/.fad5ab2?50@@

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Gamble, Mike  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
Gamble, Mike

Is it possible to place a window in a shower wall?
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

You can place a window in any wall. However, you can't create an opening in a component.
In order to place a window, you can create a shower with just the enclosure.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes