logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Dave,

The elevation of the different elements is one of the most important parameters, so a good understanding of this issue is a matter of paramount importance.
In my e-books Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training and Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials there is an entire chapter called "Understanding the Elevations"

1 - I'd need to see the topography, but I'd suggest that you use a building pad to define the topo level of the base of the house. Now if you defined the elevation of the walls as 0.00" and the slab is an autofloor, depending of the settings, the slab will be under the 0.00" level, therefore the finished floor and the terrain will be at the same elevation
2 - IMO, the best way to handle the different levels is by creating the walls using the house elevations --> uncheck the auto floors --> create the floors manually (using the floor tool in the Floor tab)--> set the thickness and floors' elevation
Another option: Say the elevation of the floor of the garage is 0" and elevation of the floor of the following room (sharing the wall) is +2 ft --> Create a wall with height= 2 ft --> set the elevation at 0"--> create a second wall with the necessary height (from the floor of the room to the ceiling)--> set the elevation at 2 ft --> stack the second wall on the first wall

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
smolenr  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

I'm running HDL Professional, V19 in Win10. I'm trying to create a building pad but cannot find any tutorial explaining. Can someone help?
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Yes, there is a tutorial in my eBook.
Create a slope + building pads (page 103).
In the walk out tutorial that I mentioned above, as well as along the eBook, you will see links (including building pads) that will direct you to the correct page.

If you prefer to see some definitions in the user guide, please, check page 236.

You can set any shape as topography line and the convert it to building pad.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
smolenr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

Actually page 103 defines a building pad but does not provide directions as to how to create one. I guess I was looking for a step by step instruction as to how to create.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there

I believe that the image shows the building pad, anyway, did you see my explanation in this answer?
Patricia G., "several elevation control questions" #3, 22 Sep 2017 7:41 pm

Just in case, it says "You can set any shape as topography line and the convert it to building pad."
And just in case it is not clear enough, try this:
create a shape in the detail tab => convert to => topography line => select it => convert to Building pad.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes